Where can I find...

webdes03

Limp Gawd
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I'm pretty new to HardForum...

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find white cold cathodes. I've seen them in people's case mod pics, but I can't find white ones on newegg, and a yahoo search gave me industrial ones.

Also... maybe an odd question, but is it possible to replace the white connectors on the power supply with black ones? Such as removing the pins from the white ones and swapping the white to black then reinserting the pins. That seems like a better idea than painting the white ones black. Does anyone know where I can buy just the black connectors?

I've been building PC's for years, but I'm new to case modding. I have an idea brewing based on some of the stuff I've seen here- you guys are amazing with this stuff.

Thanks!

Mike

White cathodes are at xoxide, and a few people on the boards sell them. You can buy molex/atx connectors at case mod sites, but they're usually uv green or blue. The best idea is to remove all the pins so you only have the connectors and spray them with vinyl dye (Krylon Fusion)

I always try to mention http://www.allelectronics.com to anyone that's getting started modding. It's a great resource for tons of fun stuff for interesting mods. I've been inspired by some stuff I've found browsing through their cataloge.

performance-pcs sells white cold cathodes, molex replacements of all colors and the tools to do it :)

Thanks for all your help everyone, I did find what I was looking for (even the black molex connectors), and placed a couple orders today!

Thanks!

Cool-Cases-USA Here or Here has white cathodes in 4" 12" or 15" as well as other colors and the molex and sleeve kits in UV colors

Just FYI Jab tech JUST got some 4" ones in for < 5.00$. (damn them getting them a WEEK after my last orderr).

Back