where can i get cs source?

jamestime88

[H]ard|Gawd
sorry for being such a complete idiot. but i googled and i cant find any sites to download it. i see there are tons of people playing it on steam, how can i be one of them?

jamestime88 said:
sorry for being such a complete idiot. but i googled and i cant find any sites to download it. i see there are tons of people playing it on steam, how can i be one of them?

I would also like to know this :)

I would wait till next week, because then you can buy HL2, but you get CS: S right away, and get to play it. The source on steam is the beta, and you can only get that if you have an ATi coupon or a CZ key.

To get into the CS: Source beta you need to have either:

-an ATI half-life 2 voucher

OR

- a working CS: Condition Zero cd key

The full version should be available next week to those who preorder HL2 over steam.

WuTangClam said:
To get into the CS: Source beta you need to have either:

-an ATI half-life 2 voucher

OR

- a working CS: Condition Zero cd key

The full version should be available next week to those who preorder HL2 over steam.

i have the ati voucher, do what do i do with it?

Open steam, go to Browse Games, then go to Register a product that I already own... then enter the number that came with the voucher.

i entered the cd-key but its been stuck at product registration for the last 10 minutes. should it take this long?

i ordered a cz key on ebay for 14 bucks and spanked it on there and cz/source worked immediately.

jamestime88 said:
i entered the cd-key but its been stuck at product registration for the last 10 minutes. should it take this long?

just let it go for a bit, it should work

When CSS the full version comes out this week, can you buy it by ITSELF? Or do you have to buy it with half life 2?

Noodle Boy said:
When CSS the full version comes out this week, can you buy it by ITSELF? Or do you have to buy it with half life 2?
You have to buy it with HL2, unless they plan on offering a new package in the future. The CSS beta will stop once the full version is released.

Doesnt it suck how CS and DoD will no longer be free after all this time, they were great mods and totaly free. Thanks vavle! I guess we gota wait for all new free mods to be made. Then repeat the process everytime valve buys them out!

CS and DoD will still be free, it's just the Source engine versions that you will have to pay for.

CS:S will only be available through Steam this week. Retail won't be out for a while due to the lawsuit between VU and VALVe, which could take 6+ months.

heyheyhey said:
CS:S will only be available through Steam this week. Retail won't be out for a while due to the lawsuit between VU and VALVe, which could take 6+ months.

Oh....man that sucks

how much is this expected to cost (pre-order hl2 in order to get CSS via steam)?

JesusCow said:
how much is this expected to cost (pre-order hl2 in order to get CSS via steam)?
It'll probably be $40-$50 and the final details should be released this week.

Back