where can i get the cheapest p5b deluxe?

where can i get the cheapest p5b deluxe?
as stated int he title. thanks

still trying to find out the main difference between non wifi and wifi? anything particular different besides the wifi capability? do they use the same bios?

I would stay away from the P5B Deluxe if I were you. It's the most unstable motherboard I've ever used.

I would stay away from the P5B Deluxe if I were you. It's the most unstable motherboard I've ever used.

stop complaining because you got a lemon board. majority of the people aren't complaining. iono why ur having such a problem. dont' complain without stating ur actual problem explaining why. just because you flashed ur board incorrectly and messed up the bios it's ur fault!

stop complaining because you got a lemon board. majority of the people aren't complaining. iono why ur having such a problem. dont' complain without stating ur actual problem explaining why. just because you flashed ur board incorrectly and messed up the bios it's ur fault!
Let's see, I set everything in the BIOS to defaults, rebooted, closed down everything including my virus scanner, loaded Asus Update 7.09.02, pointed it to the BIOS file I downloaded from Asus, and flashed it. I don't see what I did wrong.

I'm not the only one with P5B problems. Five people in this thread had P5Bs die on them.

Let's see, I set everything in the BIOS to defaults, rebooted, closed down everything including my virus scanner, loaded Asus Update 7.09.02, pointed it to the BIOS file I downloaded from Asus, and flashed it. I don't see what I did wrong.

I'm not the only one with P5B problems. Five people in this thread had P5Bs die on them.

flash is suppose to done by using a floppy disc during boot

flash is suppose to done by using a floppy disc during boot
The changelog for the BIOS says "Please update AsusUpdate to V7.09.02 or later prior making this update." I don't see why they would say to update the program if they knew it would brick the motherboard.

The changelog for the BIOS says "Please update AsusUpdate to V7.09.02 or later prior making this update." I don't see why they would say to update the program if they knew it would brick the motherboard.

stubborn. iti's recommended by people on hard and lots of other forums to flash using floppy

Motherboards are like women. No matter what the flavor, some are good and some are bad. I had a 680i board that fried up, so from that experience I could say it's the most unstable. I RMAed the 680i and got a P5B Deluxe, and so far it's been great.

Here's the one post you won't find here:

I LOVE MY P5B DELUXE
IT'S ONE OF THE MOST STABLE BOARDS I'VE EVER OWNED (since my A7N8X, believe that!)
IT OVERCLOCKS LIKE NO OTHER
I LOVE IT.

Seriously, all that is fact. I really love my P5B-D. The only thing I wish was nVidia wasn't so damn stubborn and releases open SLi drivers

I just ordered a P5B-Deluxe today from directron.com. It was the cheapest for me, since I live in California (CA sales tax from Newegg can be a no-deal). $187.99, minus $5 coupon, plus $10 shipping.
While I can't recommend the board, I've had only good experiences with Directron, both ordering online and going in to their store. Of course I have to pay TX sales tax.

Back