Where do you buy your UPS batteries from?

pwrusr

2[H]4U
I'm looking around on google/ebay and I see prices ranging from $80 to $400.
Need someone reputable that will sell some batteries that will last a good 3-6 years and not blow up in the UPS :p

I have a APC Smart-UPS RT surta1500xl. It currently has four 12volt CSB "HR 1234W F2" wired in series to make it 48 volts.

Thanks guys!

ps, Mods if you feel this is better for the power supplies forum please move it. I posted it here to get as much attention from network admins since this UPS is typically found in server rooms and not in homes.

business account at batteries+. Brings the prices down pretty close to online, without the hassle & shipping cost.

refurbups.com is where I bought the last round...due for 2 more:(

business account at batteries+. Brings the prices down pretty close to online, without the hassle & shipping cost.
They look decently priced for a local place.

Apexbattery.com
Just bought 12 of them @ about $23ea. Shipping was free
Ohhhh, nice!!! I see that it's ~$84 for the set of four for my unit :cool:

This place ROCKS....used a lot, found this one and stuck with them.
http://www.cbmi.com/
Oh SNAP!!! Those guys are about a half hour away from my house :D
I'll need to call them up and see what they can do for me.
Thanks Ye!

refurbups.com is where I bought the last round...due for 2 more:(
How long did they last? looks like they are $75.99 for the set of four.

Fortunate enough to have a local Interstate Battery dealer close by- they always have everything, or can get it the next day at great prices. Had no problems with the batteries.

How long did they last? looks like they are $75.99 for the set of four.

I bought a set last year and they are fine. The others going out are like 4yrs old and came new with the unit.

You can find them at any good local battery store, the 12 volt 7 amp hour is the most common battery used in UPS's. My local battery store sells them for about $25 each including tax for the basic Chinese battery like Yuasa/UPG/Power Sonic/etc. You might find them a few bucks cheaper online, but shipping batteries will cost a lot more because of weight and their hazardous nature. The only ones worth ordering or paying more are the Panasonic, they are much higher quality, you can sometimes order them from a local Radio Shack and skip the shipping charges to have them delivered to the store, but they'll cost about $40+ per battery.

3rd recommendation for RefurbUPS. Quick shipment. Great packing job, usually double boxed + foam, and batteries always have the right size terminals. Almost always cheaper than the APC branded or aftermarket branded UPS batteries that I can get from my distributors (techdata, synnex, ingram micro, d&h).

Batteries have lasted 3yrs on average. Just like any other SLA battery. Trick is to keep them cool and not overcharge them, two things that APC doesn't follow in most of their designs. That causes premature failure, batteries to swell and slip open (I've dealt with that several times with APC). I no longer recommend or use APC. Switched to Eaton Power.

Back