Where do you shop online for new [H]ardware?

Where do you shop online for new [H]ardware?

• Newegg

Votes: 66 86.8%
  • ZipZoomFly

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • Chief Value

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Mwave

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Other? (please list)

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters

OSUguy98

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2006
Where do you get your new folding hardware?

If you vote other, please let me know where and why

edit-The reason I'm wonder is because I want to add more places to my Folding Farm Spreadsheet... It's all Newegg right now, but eventually, I'd like to have the cheapest from a given number of vendors

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Mostly the Egg, but whoever is cheaper get's my business. I have purchased from everyone on your list at one time or another.

I voted for newegg, zipzoomfly and other. I hope it took all three.
The other would be computer shows. Cheap cases with no shipping charges are always nice.

ZZF for HDDs. ClubIT sometimes. Mostly Newegg, unless I can find the same items cheaper elsewhere.

Zipzoomfly or Newegg currently. Those are the top two, but I'd consider buying from all those you listed since they are all reputable. Which ever had the cheapest price including shipping i'd go for.

As I'm in the UK all the above are no good to me.
I tend to use Scan.co.uk for most [H]ardware.
Fans & heatsinks from Overclockers.co.uk.

Luck......... :D

Newegg most times because I'm in So Cal and despite paying tax I get my stuff pretty much next day from the so cal warehouse. Also, I'm usually to lazy or excited to shop around. I started ordering hard drives from ZZF though.

I get my more esoteric parts from wiredzone.com. Other than that, Newegg, ZZF, mwave occasionally.

I use a lot of places. NewEgg, ZZF, ChiefValue, Provantage, Monarch, Ewiz, Eagle Computer Systems, Directron, Xoxide among others.

Dumpster, side of road, Mooses house when he is out of town.

I shop at all of the above, as well as Monarch, SVC (for other ends), Directron (prices aren't the best out there but their selection and service cannot be beaten), Xoxide, you name it.

Though the egg has gotten most of my business, they have sort of lost their luster to me, so i don't mind looking around at other places these days.

I've bought from everyone on your list at least once. I love Directron's serivce. I also will buy memory direct from Mushkin. Love the service and those inflatable bubble things kick ass.

Newegg is a regular (assuming there's no price gouging), but I'll give whoever's trust-worthy and has low prices. Jab-Tech has impressed me thus far, and SVC has nice prices, but their follow-up is lacking. But mainly newegg.

Full Folding Ahead!

Mostly Newegg and ZipZoomFly, although my Opty 165 came from Monarch. For other stuff, like appearance and cooling things, I have used case-mod.com (awesome experience with these guys), CoolerGuys.com, and FrozenCPU.com. I haven't had a bad experience with any of them, and will check all of them again next time I need something.

habitual geek said:
one thing i do know is dont buy Thermalright products from Newegg, they are mad overpriced

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. :( But I bought that just as I was getting into hardware and buying stuff online, and I diddn't trust many places, so it wasn't a total loss....just sucked when I sold it. :p

Full Folding Ahead!

The only place that I will buy from is Newegg. I have had absolutely horrible experiences with ZZF and will never order anything from them again.

In the past I did the vast majority of my buying from newegg. Anymore, their prices aren't that good, they raised shipping prices too much and I can't even select FedEx as a shipping option except for like overnight shipping. As I'm not likely to get my stuff undamaged from UPS, UPS is not an option.

Therefore, I will probably do most of my business with ZipZoomFly. I haven't had a problem with them and the last time or two I bought stuff from them, it was cheaper than newegg.

I haven't bought anything from chiefvalue yet, but they seem to be an spinoff of newegg but with prices a little closer to what newegg used to have. Plus they have FedEx express saver shipping as default. My next upgrade will probably be a mix of chiefvalue and ZZF.

Only 6 votes for Mwave? They are usually a lot cheaper than newegg, especially if you are buying a lot of stuff.

Deadpool9 said:
Only 6 votes for Mwave? They are usually a lot cheaper than newegg, especially if you are buying a lot of stuff.

I think the shipping costs tend to rule Mwave out for me.... In building my spreadsheet, I figured out that you have to enter a zip code just to get a price, and then when I saw the price to ship 4-7 Day Ground..... wow..... $8+ for an A64 3200+....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Main three (UK)
-Aria
-Novatech
-ebuyer
Others I've used before
-misco
-Planetmicro

Never brought from yet are good
-Komplett

Usually ZZF or the egg, but if someone that is rated decent with reseller ratings has a cheaper price, I'll use them.

I also hit Fry's a lot, as they have sales going all the time, and I get that instant gratification feeling.

ZZF, Newegg, and Monarch are all ive used for PC parts.

For cooling, modding, ect stuff ive used Petras Tech Shop, Xoxide, FrozenCPU, Coolerguys, SiderwinderPC, CrazyPC, Swiftnets, DangerDen Store. Heh, you name it, ive probably ordered from them.

I voted for Newegg and ZZF.

A note: When shopping for HDDs online, ZZF is the best place to buy them, period. The foam shells they pack the drives in make them much less vulnerable to damage during shipping and handling.

Primarily ZZF, 95% of the time the cost is less than Newegg, and I'm still bitter about my CC having a fraudulent charge mere days after placing my last Newegg order, not far from their NJ warehouse, when I only use the particular card online and hadn't used it anywhere else in months, just kind of odd that would happen :rolleyes: Plus my packages from ZZF usually arrive 1 day earlier than Newegg since they seem to get items packed and out the door quicker, and actually pack it right.

I also voted for mwave.com, they've been around a long time and I've placed many orders with them, but their shipping rates really aren't competitive especially compared to ZZF, but they were always a great company to work with.

Monarch for bigger purchases because no tax in CA.

Newegg & ZZF for the rest.

Back