Where to buy a 12" 4-Pin Extension Cable for ATX 12v Connector at a Local Store?

vietpho

Limp Gawd
[Resolved]

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
However, I'm no longer in a rush of need for this (it's still coming in the mail though).
I've flipped my PSU upside down and was able to connect it to the mobo.
A new question arises though. Is it bad to have the PSU upside down (PM me answer so this topic doesn't come back to life lol)?

Well, after working on my computer at around 4 AM in the morning yesterday, I found out that my 4-pin power CPU connector on my Corsair 620HX wasn't able to reach the slot on my Mobo. I"m using a TJ-09 Case, and it's a really big case.

Where can I buy a "12" 4-Pin Extension Cable for ATX 12v Connector" at a local store in the Portland Oregon area? Zip code: 97229

I don't want to buy it online: http://www.svc.com/cbl-extend-12v.html
Because today is Friday and it would take a while to get shipped.

Well I can't help you any more.

But your sig is tooooo long.

Hmm. Are "4-pin Exension cables" for ATX 12V connectors common at local computer stores?

I'm thinking about driving to all the computer stores that I know of within a 6 mile distance.
Office Depot
Office Max
Staples
CompUSA (20 mins away)

need to think of more computer places

Call the stores and see if they have it in stock :p

Sheesh, this is why you don't procrastinate young grasshopper.

I called up Bestbuy to ask if they had it and a woman with a country accent picked up.
Right when I heard that voice, I knew there was going to be trouble. (By the way, this was the "computer department" tech people talking to me)

I spoke very slowly asking if they carried a "4-pin Extension Cable for an ATX 12v connector". She then asked me for my Full name, Email Address, Phone number and zip code. I have no idea why they would need all this info for... All I wanted to know was if they had something in stock.

But anyways, after I gave her my info, she asked again what I was looking for. I told her again. She then asks me what is it for. I told her that the cable on my power supply was not long enough to reach the "4-pin cpu connector" on my mother board.
She sounded confused and asked me what the model of my motherboard was. I told her it was a "Gigabyte" GA-P35-DS3R. She said she couldn't find it on the bestbuy website (I was thinking to myself, ok, that's irrelevant. Why are you looking for this mobo on bestbuy?).
She asked me to spell out everything again so I spelled out "G-i-g-a-b-y-t-e [...]".
She still couldn't find it.

She asks me again what I was looking for.
I said: "4-pin Extension Cable for an ATX 12v connector".

She asks me again what this is used for.
I told her my PSU cable wasn't long enough to connect to the "4-pin CPU power connector" slot on my mobo.

She does a search again on bestbuy site and says all she found was a "firewire" extension cable...

I told her, nevermind. I'll just order it online somewhere.
She immediately hangs up.

Ok. The moral of this story, besides the fact that bestbuy computer tech people are morons, is that when you call for tech support and you get a voice with a high "countryside " accent, you best hangup right away, or you will waste 15 minutes giving them irrelevant information and have them ask you stupid questions.

Anyways, I've turn upside down my PSU and the cable was able to barely connect.

I'll have it upside down until my extension cable arrives.

Back to building this thing!

Hey, where do I plug the "1394" cable into my mobo?

My mobo manual said not to plug it into the USB slots, but it never mentions where I 'm suppose to plug it.

CompUSA would have been the best place to go for a local store.

The DS3R has no onboard Firewire, so don't plug the firewire cable anywhere. Just tuck it away.

I don't know any!! :(

I know there are some Portland Oregon people on this forum! Help me ^_^

Portland native, reporting as ordered!

Anyway, locally, the computer store selection for that sort of thing is pretty limited. Small mom & pop places don't exactly make a habit of stocking stuff like this
First instinct would be to call ENU (www.enuinc.com) and see if they have them, even though it's not listed on their site. CompUSA in Jantzen Beach has a fair selection of things like this, but I'd call ahead as well
If all else fails, Fry's down in Wilsonville definitely has them, just a bit of a drive

Back