Where to buy a 7800 GTX in New York City?

[TW]Fox

n00b
Hi all,

Visiting the US at the moment from the UK and want to take advantage of the great prices here. Almost bought a 7800GTX for $599 from Microcenter yesterday but after 20 minutes the salesman came back to say the card they had in stock had been stolen :(

Off to New York for 3 days tomorrow and would like a second shot at getting a card - but don't know where to start. CompUSA list the card at a price I like $599 - but none in stock in NYC.

Anyone know of anywhere good to try? Staying in Manhatten.

Cheers!

If I were you, I'd go to Best Buy and pick up a BFG 7800GTX OC. But I don't live in NYC, so I really don't know the area well. CompUSA and Best Buy are your best bets, I think. Let me ask my friend, he's from NYC.

Mr. Stryker said:
If I were you, I'd go to Best Buy and pick up a BFG 7800GTX OC. But I don't live in NYC, so I really don't know the area well. CompUSA and Best Buy are your best bets, I think. Let me ask my friend, he's from NYC.

Well according to their websites, Best Buy and Compusa have the PNY 7800. Best Buy has "coming soon" for the BFG model. Compusa doesn't even list the BFG Model.

MrSlacker said:
also try J&R Comp World, its right by the City Hall

J&R's website didn't have any 7800's listed. Even if they did, I gotta be honest, I don't like J&R's return policy. They only give store credit. Pains in the asses.

I'd say Best Buy or Compusa if you want the PNY version.

COMPUSA LOCATIONS: (2 locations)

1) There is a compusa on 37th and 5th. You should be fine if you get off at Grand Central on the 4,5,6 line or 34th street on the B,D,F,V,N,R,Q,W. I listed these two stations as they are the two major hubs for most of the subway lines near the Compusa. Just ask anyone around, once you're outside, which way to 5th ave and they'll be happy to point it out. It's on the west side of 5th ave next to an Au Bon Pain. Here's the number (212) 764-6224.

2) There's also one on 57th and Broadway right below where Central Park starts. You can take the N,R,Q,W to 57th street and just ask where 57th and Broadway is. It's a big store on the corner of the block. Can't miss it. Here's their number (212) 262-9711.

Compusa Hours Hours Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 8pm | Sat: 10am - 7pm | Sun: 11am - 6pm

BESTBUY LOCATIONS: (3 locations)

1) I've only gone to the one on 23rd street and 6th avenue. Take the F or V train to 23rd street and once you're out of the station you'll see it. You can't miss it. Its right on the corner of 23rd street and 6th ave. Here's the number 212-366-1373.

2) Best Buy also just opened up a new store a little further South. I've seen it but haven't been in it. You can take the 6 local train to Bleecker street and get out of the station. You can also take the B,D,F,V to the Broadway-Lafayette station if this subway line is closer. Once you get out make sure you get to Broadway. It's on the East side of Broadway just a little north of Houston. Here's the number 212-673-4067

3) There is also one all the way up town on the east side. Take the 4,5 or 6 train to the 86th street station. It gets off at lexington ave. This store is located on 86th and Lexington. Haven't been there but I imagine it's right when you get out. Here's the number 917-492-8870.

Best Buy Hours Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm Sun 11:00am-7:00pm

Print this out and take it with you as I'm sure the maps for the subways may be a little bit confusing as the maps don't really show which avenues the stops are at. Hope this helps and happy hunting!!

[TW]Fox said:
Hi all,

Visiting the US at the moment from the UK and want to take advantage of the great prices here. Almost bought a 7800GTX for $599 from Microcenter yesterday but after 20 minutes the salesman came back to say the card they had in stock had been stolen :(

Off to New York for 3 days tomorrow and would like a second shot at getting a card - but don't know where to start. CompUSA list the card at a price I like $599 - but none in stock in NYC.

Anyone know of anywhere good to try? Staying in Manhatten.

Cheers!

Grahxens shop is about 30 mins from NYC, right off route 80. I think he still has some left.
http://www.djpcstore.com

Back