Where to buy a laptop bag?

m0unds

[H]ard|Gawd
Howdy. I wanted to look for a bag for my notebook at a brick and mortar store so I could get an idea of what features and stuff I might want. The selection at the only two stores that sell them near me is atrocious. Does anyone have a preferred place to buy accessories like this from, whether it be online or not?

thanks.

booqbags.com I have seen has some nice bags, also crumplerbags.com, tombihn.com.
Then ebags.com has a variety of other bags, high end to low end.

I bought my laptop bag at Best Buy.....

jrbryner said:
booqbags.com I have seen has some nice bags, also crumplerbags.com, tombihn.com.
Then ebags.com has a variety of other bags, high end to low end.

I bought my laptop bag at Best Buy.....

which bag did you get at best buy? all they had when i was there were made by Dynex and felt really chintzy.. they had a couple "swiss gear" bags that looked nice, but none would fit my notebook.. :/

the Apple store has some nice bags, but they're expensive. I got my Timbuk2 Commute at one for about the same price as on the web though

My local best buy had a bunch of nice stuff from Swiss Gear and Targus.

steal said:
My local best buy had a bunch of nice stuff from Swiss Gear and Targus.

Yep me too, ended up getting the Targus from BB since it was convenient and the price was basically the same

m0unds said:
which bag did you get at best buy? all they had when i was there were made by Dynex and felt really chintzy.. they had a couple "swiss gear" bags that looked nice, but none would fit my notebook.. :/
I got a Targus Miami messenger there for the 9300 in my specs. Works nicely, nice amount of protection and roomy enough to take along a few extras.

i ended up going to another best buy in albuquerque, and they had the swiss gear backpacks + targus backpakcs.. i felt the swiss gear felt a bit sturdier, and it fit my notebook better. (since i ride a motorcycle, a backpack makes my life SO much easier.)

thanks for the suggestions.

Ebags.com

I have bought all of my luggage from Ebags. Fantastic company with great prices. About 2 years ago, I bought a laptop backpack similar to this Mountainsmith. If you know anything about Mountainsmith, they make high quality products. I'm a regular 1k on United and Platinum with American. This laptop bag as been through it all and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ski

I got a (fake) leather case made by case logic from compusa for 40$, which relativly is a good price.

skijackz said:
Ebags.com

I have bought all of my luggage from Ebags. Fantastic company with great prices. About 2 years ago, I bought a laptop backpack similar to this Mountainsmith. If you know anything about Mountainsmith, they make high quality products. I'm a regular 1k on United and Platinum with American. This laptop bag as been through it all and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ski

Ahem *cough*

Z(+)diac said:

Besides, you are a little late, he already told us he purchased a bag.

I bought a backpack for my laptop at best buy. Targus chicago backpack or some shit its called, but anyway, it was like 70 bucks but its really sweet .

Z(+)DIAC said:
Ahem *cough*

Besides, you are a little late, he already told us he purchased a bag.

Didn't realize you had the market cornered on telling people about Ebags.com. :confused: You may actually want to click on the link before you comment. And even though he bought a bag, other people may read this and go for the backpack.

Ski

Back