Where to buy my Parts from? Im ready for a NEW Rig

HomerRulez

[H]ard|Gawd
I've finally got the funds to buy my new pc but want to know if there is an alternatives to newegg.

Im a little iffy about them after reading some reports about not honoring certain things. For ex. roughly 30% of the items I receive come damaged. About half that comes with missing items. Im not sure why but none the less I've made several complaints with ups about this and they have even had new drivers deliver to me in my area. Things have been better but Im not sure if its just coincidence or otherwise foul play being resolved. In any case I want to order from a company that despite the fact that some items show as non-refundable that I would still get a refund if the item is damaged or lost. Its more likely I would just have them replace it but in the case that the item I want isnt available or is now on "backorder aka auto notify" that they would refund me so I dont have to wait.

So should I just go and buy from newegg or skip them and go with a company that helps me out more when in need? Im looking at spending $1500 and would like to be as protected as possible.

alright, I'll try newegg. The last time I purchased from them, I ordered 32gb of ram for my mac pro i had before I sold it and they sent me macbook pro ram. i had to point out that clearly the ram I ordered was different. They sent me an rma email and I sent it back. They did refund me but it took them 3 weeks. Not exactly great support but I'll give them a go again. I hope they dont screw this one up.

Remember that people who have problems are the ones that usually come and complain the loudest, and all the users that have had problems jump in and make it look like Newegg is nothing but a problem company. Newegg uses tracking via UPS/Fedex/USPS, so your things cannot get lost, unless someone went around it stole the box from you.

But anyway, I have been buying parts from Newegg for around 3-4 years. Built several systems based on parts from Newegg, they have all been fine. Your stuff is in the retail packaging, and then there's the Newegg packaging. Only problem I have had is with a HD4850 card, some strange problem with cooling that resulted in artifacting and problems when gaming, but Newegg was cool about it, sent me a UPS slip, shipped it back and they sent back a new card quickly. But I live in California, and it's a pretty short trip from their main facility on the West Coast to where I live, so that may be a factor.

here a snapshot of the order

keep in mind they approved it after some arguing and transferring back and forth. Im trying to find out if they are just like this.

The fact that I had to argue that they sent me the wrong items doesnt say much about the service they provide or that it took 2 plus weeks to release the funds and another week for it to return to my balance (2 plus weeks to release on neweggs side is pretty bad).

snapshotofmypastorder.png

So I'll order from them again hoping it was just a one time occurrence.

Mistakes happen, its what the company does after than is what is important.

I got screwed with my Coolermaster Silent Pro 850watt with my last order from them, when they sent this Earthwatt 750 by mistake. They refund me the diff and discounted the Earthwatts by 20% and problem solved.

ive been ordering from newegg for Years and I have never had a problem at all. infact when i order my package usually arrives the next day to my door. No company is 100% perfect

Newegg's great, but sometimes you can save a lil more with 12.8% Bing cashback via Tigerdirect, and 5% Ewiz/Superbiiz via Bing + Ewiz has have a 10 dollar or 10% off coupon.
I'd check those 3 sites before buying, as prices can be lower amongst the three. I usually get a few things from one and some others from another to save money...

There are plenty of other sites that you could visit: ZipZoomFly, Provantage, Tiger Direct, Amazon, Ewiz/Superbiiz, and Mwave, to name a few.

Every site has its fans and detractors; none of them are perfect.

Back