Where to buy P4 2.8C M0?

zeroARMY

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone know if the 2.8C's that Newegg are shipping are M0's? If not, anyone know where they are garanteed? I know exicalibur did for a while they aren't on the site anymore.

And is there any way to check if a 2.8C is a M0 without installing it and running CPU-Z? Like I can know from the codes on the box/proc?

Thanks!

You're probably best off checking eBay. I don't think any store will guarantee you certain steppings.

zeroARMY said:
...And is there any way to check if a 2.8C is a M0 without installing it and running CPU-Z? Like I can know from the codes on the box/proc...

SL6Z5, is the only 2.8c M0, so if you get that SL code you have an M0.
SL6Z3, is the 2.4c M0.
SL79B, is the 2.4b M0.

I have an SL6Z5 2.8C I might sell. Only had it up to 250fsb (3.5GHz), ram limited.

PM me if you are interested.

mastrcronX said:
what is an M0

like MemoryInAGarden said, they are believed to be p4ee that failed the tests. they are based on the gallatin core. advangates to the m0 are a larger die size so it dissipates heat better, they are said to handle high voltage better, and theyre supposed to be more stable overclocking.

but being failed p4ee's you have the possibility that it failed the cache test, and is fully capable of 3.2 or 3.4ghz, or you could have one that failed the speeds and is not capable of speeds over 2.8ghz. its just as much of a gamble as buying a regular d1 northwood imo.

That's about right. M0 doesn't really signify a "great overclocker" anymore. I'm running my D1 2.8c @ 3.64 stable stock vcore. I really mean to push it harder, but I'm somewhat ram limited (my khx4000 doesn't like anything over 260 :( ) and I don't think it'll go much further anyway, so I don't bother messing around with ratios.

Back