Where to buy sandpaper for lapping a HSF?

Teitoku

Limp Gawd
Somebody said avoid home improvement stores and go to car repair stores.
Good idea? Will I be able to get it in small (cheap) enough sheets?

I'm new to this, but I just ordered a VGA Silencer and the finish on the mating surface is horrendous. I could plant crops in those grooves.

Its just sandpaper... as long as you find the size grit you want you are good to go. I mean your local 'all around hardware' store carries usually up to 1000 grit.. anything over that you'd need a car shop.

At least my Canadian Tire does.. (yes I am canadian)
You could check auto stores as well like you thought.. can even call ahead to ask about grit sizes..

I remember I got a pack of sandpaper from Canadian Tire for like 8.99 or something for a big 25 sheet thing.. I used it all up on other projects so I can't give you an around price..

*slaps head in frustration*

pep boys? canadian tire?

holy cow wal mart! dude you answered your post in your question

go to any section that envoles automotive bodywork sometimes they'll have it at a gas station (rare)

i'm sorry but a lot of stupid questions like this around lately...

i.e. where to buy a hole saw to cut a hole for my case fans?

I've found up to and including 2000 grit in the Wal-Mart automotive section.

Discount Auto or Home Depot..

They use very high grit for body work on cars so most decent automotive shops have it.

Thanks, all. Maybe I'll make a late-night trip to walmart since they're open 24/7.

Thanks all, I made a midnight walmart run and found some 800 grit and 2,000 grit paper.
I already had 240 (trust me, it needed it) and 400 grit paper.

Now that silly thing has gone from ridged-like-a-four-year-old-quarter to a mirror shine.

Rock on.

Back