Where to buy: shuttle xpc motherboards

chomsky

Limp Gawd
Is there any place to get these? As my 75g2 is getting a little dated I want to upgrade but I want to use the same case (especially since I just paid $50 for the reflectix mirror face panel). I might use a reserator, so I don't have to worry about cooler compatability, if you were wondering.

I don't think you can buy them separately. maybe ebay? if there is a place, though, i'd b pretty interested in getting the sn25p mobo, cuz its better than all the matx boards out there. shuttles r too costly for me tho :(

CRaZYMoFo said:
nowhere
basically
True dat.

Shuttle won't even sell them to you as spare parts! Need to buy a whole new system if you want a new mobo (oh, and the new ones won't fit in the old cases).

Best bet is to just buy the latest G-chasis system they currently have out - then you'll be able to use your new face panel with it.

'tis one of the sacrifices you pay for size. Shuttle-sized PCs may be an inch or two narrower, but you lose your mods when you upgrade. If you like changing the face of your PC every time you upgrade, then that can be seen as an advantage. If not... well then buy a microATX or ATX case! That was one of the reasons I went that route.

Soymilk said:
if there is a place, though, i'd b pretty interested in getting the sn25p mobo, cuz its better than all the matx boards out there. (

You'd need a newer P style case for the sn25p mb to fit in. If you have a g5, your best bet is sudian and checking the for sale forum. Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone selling a ST20G motherboard because all they wanted it for was the silver case...

ND40oz said:
You'd need a newer P style case for the sn25p mb to fit in. If you have a g5, your best bet is sudian and checking the for sale forum. Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone selling a ST20G motherboard because all they wanted it for was the silver case...

i meant that if i could get one, i'd stick it into a qpack :cool:

No, you really wouldn't.

It doesn't use a standard ATX power connector - it has one 14-pin block and one 8-pin block from the PSU. On opposite ends of the motherboard. And Shuttle just uses 2 colors for the pins to them (IIRC), so without the pinouts (which they won't provide), there isn't really any way to reverse-engineer it.

Shuttle is ALL ABOUT proprietary parts. One of their systems die, if it isn't under warranty, you are stuck buying an entirely new system from them. Same deal if you want to upgrade. No piecemeal part replacements.

dderidex said:
No, you really wouldn't.

It doesn't use a standard ATX power connector -

Whaaaaaaat?

My sn41g2v2, sn45, and sn95g5 run on standard atx psu's no problem.

t10 said:
Whaaaaaaat?

My sn41g2v2, sn45, and sn95g5 run on standard atx psu's no problem.
The SN25P does not, however. I guess Shuttle thought the old form factors were too close to the industry standards or something. :rolleyes:

Hmm that's lame. I can see how they want to safeguard themselves, because they are making this their entire company focus, but they don't need to go the Packard Hell(R.I.P.)/Compaq/Dell route of proprietary PSUs. That is bad policy. What if you want to do some extreme overclocking/modding and they don't offer a PSU upgrade that will be sufficient? You are screwed.

Dell used to make a board that would accept standard ATX PSU plugs, but the pinouts were different and there was an extra few pins somewhere else. If you tried to upgrade the PSU later on, it would kill any standard ATX PSU attached to it!

That's weak. At least the new xpc PSUs are a little beefier but I was totally unaware they went even more proprietary. There goes that idea.

chomsky said:
That's weak. At least the new xpc PSUs are a little beefier but I was totally unaware they went even more proprietary. There goes that idea.
Yup, totally proprietary.

You can see from this pic of the SN25P mobo on Tech Report.

Notice the 8-pin PSU connection just to the left and 'bottom' of the two ram slots. And the other 10-pin PSU connection just between the COM ports on the back panel and the 4 SATA connectors on the mobo (my numbers above were wrong, it's a 10-pin connection and an 8-pin connection, not 14-pin and 8-pin).

Now, you can find people like me who have Shuttle-compatible motherboards, but mine is P4 just like your 75 is. If all you wanted to do was replace the mobo, I'd sell it to you - but I'm afraid it's not much of an upgrade from the 75.

-SEAL

buy a new shuttle
mod the old one and use it for an aquarium :)
lol
i know ppl have used extra shuttle cases to house their water cooling stuff :)
lots of things to do with an old case :)

hi

i sell shuttle mbs,
i can get u most g series xpc
and some limited p series
they will be the later v2s possibly v3's.

let me know what u want
however bear in mind if shuttle is £100; u wil be looking at £90 for just the m/b due to its nano micro atx technology and demand exceeds supply, i am prob. only persion in UK who can sort u out

i accept paypal but uk orders only since it reside in UK, delivery will be recorded courier parceline/collection

Back