Where to find benchies for GTX280 with a 8800gt or better used as Physx?

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hi!
I am trying to find benchmarks and specially game tests of a GTX280 and a 8800gt or better card used for Phyx to see how valuable adding one would be to my system.
Any links?
Thanks

Hrm I'm curious seeing these results too since had 2 8800GTs and just replaced them with a 280 yesterday :D

I guess for starters I would have to use one of those power adapters since my PCIE 1 & 2 cables are being devoured by the 280. Would a 2nd vid card eat up the same power if its just the PhysX card? Sorry don't mean to hijack the threat as I along with the OP I'm wondering if its worth keeping a card :)

I hope someone posts now. :)
I am concerned on the power usage myself....thinking on getting one of those drive bay powers.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/cryostasis_techdemo_performance/

multi.gif

Thats pretty nice indeed. I would to see how much better a 8800gt or similar would be vs the 9600gt too.

That doesn't really answer their question. I think they mean using a 8800 GT in ADDITION to a GTX 280. This graph from the same article is actually more useful:

comp.gif

So, basically, there's not a lot of difference between using a 8800 GT and a 9600 GT for a PhysX card, according to this. It's not using a GTX 280 as the GPU, but it shouldn't really matter.

Looks like you can expect about a 6-8FPS improvement, based on the two graphs shown... but benchmarks and graphs can only show you so much. Basically, it makes more sense to run SLI with two cards than to run one high end card and a lower one for PhysX.

Maybe in the future more games with rely more on PhysX for material manipulation but for the moment, it doesn't seem like it's a huge benefit, and it's added power draw, heat, etc.

Back