Where's the promised GTX470 update from [H]???

S[H]ady

Gawd
Kyle,
you told us all last friday that there would be a review this week comparing the new AMD cards against the GTX470.
I've been waiting patiently all week, but it is now well into Friday with nothing published yet.

I was planning to buy a GTX460 this passed week and the comments left after the price drops his last week have put that purchase on hold.
I can get myself either an Evga GTX460 1GB Superclocked EE for 239.99 CDN or an EVGA GTX470 for 279.99 locally. There's only 2 470s left in stock and I don't want to miss out if it's really worth it.

Can anyone give me any insight on this? I'm going from a GTX260 so I'd like to make it the biggest jump possible, but I could use the extra cash towards a bluray burner, or my car.

Kyle, can you confirm that this review is coming today still?

I'm sure it'll be out soon, it's alot of hard work putting these reviews together. I believe Brent said the Morphological Antialiaing article is first, then 470 comparison, then sli vs crossfire and overclocking and finally, new cards in November. Too much work doing all the real world testing etc.. Sometimes I feel bad for these guys with all the work.

I think they need more help, finding a few more reviewers to post vga reviews.

Things had to be turned around, there is a surprise coming in November that will take precedent.

However, Mark is working on a full 6870 review right now with an OC card and a reference card and he is using a GTX 470 for comparison, as well as some new games I didn't use in my launch evaluation, Lost Planet 2 and Medal of Honor. So that evaluation will be full complete review on 6870 vs. GTX 470 for your reading pleasure. There is lots going on these next couple months :)

Things had to be turned around, there is a surprise coming in November that will take precedent.

However, Mark is working on a full 6870 review right now with an OC card and a reference card and he is using a GTX 470 for comparison, as well as some new games I didn't use in my launch evaluation, Lost Planet 2 and Medal of Honor. So that evaluation will be full complete review on 6870 vs. GTX 470 for your reading pleasure. There is lots going on these next couple months :)

Let me guess... Something you have to sign a NDA for. Can you at least tell us who the surprise is coming from?

Shit happens. Customer service will give you a full refund. :p

type 1 for amd and 2 for nvidia.. and 3 if you have become a mac clone and its a mac sad surprise..

I'm more interested in the in depth Morpho-Anti Aliasing article that was alluded to in the 6850/6870 review

Ok, so I won't be able to wait for this review in that case.

can you maybe give me your opinion? If it were your money would you take a 470 or 460 superclocked?
I dont want to miss out on this sale. GTX470s have been getting very hard to find. Tigerdirect.ca still has them listed at 350. ++++ Canada doesn't have any in stock, and they still list the higher price too.

If the card really is worth the money then I would like to grab it.

In'it great how the internets can turn "we'll try" to "promise"? :)

Great news on the November news. Can't wait to read how the two cards compare.

Gonna make me hate buying GTX460's aren't you? I have pretty god idea what the surprise is....OR DO I??????????

Let me guess... Something you have to sign a NDA for. Can you at least tell us who the surprise is coming from?

a lot of people are reporting that Nvidia finially pulled their head out and that they will have a card to match AMD 6900 series launch. we will see if that true or not.

Back