Which 22" ???

Coldreive

n00b
Due to boxing day prices I'm going to finally get a LCD and have narrrowed it down to 2 monitors . The Samsung 225BW http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10078295&catid= or the Dell E228WFP http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=CADHS1&sku=320-5205 . The Dell is 229Cdn on boxing day with free shipping and the Samsung is on for 399Cdn from Futureshop . I'm stuck between these two and plan on getting it early tomorrow morning . It's main use will be web/games and occasional photo work .

Thanks everyone.

The 22" Dell is so new that I don't think anyone has seen one in person yet, so it's hard to say anything about it. The 225BW is a very nice monitor, if you don't mind having backlight bleed at the top and bottom...

It's better to get a 20" like the ViewSonic VX2025wm or Dell 2007WFP.

I have a Westinghouse 22", and I love it.

EchoMatrix said:
whats boxing day

you for real?

i have the dell 2007WFP and it's awesome. it's worth the premium with the imputs and tuff. i mean the resolution is higher for it's size compare to the 22". that one has the same resolution but it's bigger so it's not going to be as nice.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was even leaning towards the LG204 since the specs seem to be a bit better on that one. I am going to grab the sammy as well from Future Shop since the Dell budget 20 inch had some pretty poor reviews.

I havn't opened the box yet (still have company here) but I purchased the Samsung 225BW for 399 Cdn at Futureshop .

Thanks for everyone's help on this and on other threads .

Cheers

Just ordered the Sceptre 22" because it has HDMI input. Only 22" that does. Should be kickass

I got the ViewSonic VG2230wm for Christmas and I love it. Color and brightness is amazing. Very crisp - Retailed at NewEgg for $400 USD

Picked up the Samsung 225BW at Futureshop today as well... The backlight bleed is pretty bad. I'm considering saving some cash and getting the Dell.

Well I didn't end up buying a 22 inch. When I got to future shop the 2 samsung's they had on display looked pretty bad. Looking at the LG 204 and the Samsung I really didn't see much of a size difference even though the difference is 2 inches. The LG is awesome, my only complaint is that it's ridiculously wobbly even as I type this, I will have to figure something out for that...

I got the 225BW and 205BW....
2 blue "dead" pixal on the 205BW out of the box (2nd one I have owned) The pixal is...blue

225BW....yeah a little bleeding.....but nothing I can't live with. Also...why have I heard Samsung makes Dell?

If this is true....Dell shouldn't bleed any less.......

BTW......Splitters make monitors look horrible, so the signal is low quality.....you would think the better the monitor....the more it relies on something like a good signal.

My 225BW is up and running and I love it .Yes there is a little back light bleed but I don't really notice it unless I have nothing on the screen and its all black .
I still have to calibrate it and play with the settings but at first blush It is well worth the peso's (399 Cdn) and I'm glad I bought it. No regrets so far .

Does everyone here run "dead pixel buddy" and what is it like/do . ???? I have no experience with it and have been wondering if I should try it.

Thanks

I got the Sammy for Christmas. Out of the box the bleed was very noticeable, but the screen was way to bright. I've got the brightness down to 15 and the bleed is hardly there.

water1 said:
Neither of the ones you linked have HDMI, only VGA and DVI. HDCP is not the same as HDMI. HDCP is just for High Definition Content Protection so you can't view HD content on a digital display without that support. HDMI is a small connector (High Definition Multimedia Interface) that transmits not only the same video signal that DVI does, but HD audio too. It has a smaller interface too.!

yeah that picture that silver posted, wow that has terrible blacklight bleed. My is not that bad at all.

Can u please post more info about your specs? what is the date that sammy was made. brown box ? white box?

What videocard, also what setting your using on the monitor. DVI or VGA???

I can compared from an old school 17" Samsung LCD...to a 205BW....to a 225BW......
205BW definitely bleeds less and is a awesome price. The 225BW bleeds more with everything jacked up,providing you adjust the monitor you have less problems with bleeding.
If I watch movies in 16:10 I don't even see the bleed.

Back