which 37" to replace my dell 24?

doox00

2[H]4U
What other options are there besides the 37" westy to use as your pc monitor?

I am looking for 1080p, must have sharp clear text/screen when at the desktop. I would consider a westy but have read the westy's have a high failure, may still look into one but was wondering what others are out there that would compete with the westy as a pc monitor.

one alternative -- sharp. they have two 1920X1080 -- lower cost one is at CC, the more expensive (GP1) series is at BB.

They also are releasing a new model this spring to replace these. One common concern is the look of red on these while in monitor mode.

-glenn

that does look nice, would like to read some reviews on this screen.

If you are considering a Sharp I would wait until the new models come out because they have added features that may or may not be of use to you. The one thing to note is that it will have a VGA input instead of the DVI input on the older models. I predict this was to alleviate the complaints about how red text/red color looks when using as a PC monitor. There are still 3 HDMI ports if you want to stay with digital.

unless you absolutely must have 32" 1080p for physical space reasons, I'd step up to the 40-42" 1080p models since these offer considerably more screen for the buck. Try taking a look at your local big box store. It's sad considering that sharp's 32's have yet to hit the 1000 mark, with plenty of the quality 40" LG and samsung screens in the 1000-1400 region

unless you absolutely must have 32" 1080p for physical space reasons, I'd step up to the 40-42" 1080p models since these offer considerably more screen for the buck. Try taking a look at your local big box store. It's sad considering that sharp's 32's have yet to hit the 1000 mark, with plenty of the quality 40" LG and samsung screens in the 1000-1400 region

But I believe those models you are referring to, 40" LG's and Samsungs wouldn't be 1080P like the OP wants. That's why Sharp is charging a premium for their 32" 1080P screens: good picture quality and the smallest TV yet with 1080P.

But I believe those models you are referring to, 40" LG's and Samsungs wouldn't be 1080P like the OP wants. That's why Sharp is charging a premium for their 32" 1080P screens: good picture quality and the smallest TV yet with 1080P.

frys.com
4061 $1099
4065 $1199

amazon is approximately 50 dollars more on both, respectively.

These two are both 1080p btw. My 4066f from BB was 1150 on BF - 300 DTV deal for a total of 850 before tax.

There's probably a 10% coupon you can use for the CC deal, but personally i'd take the 61f for a hundred more, since 8 inches is actually quite a large difference, especially if you plan to do more than use it for a computer monitor.

Back