Which 4870: Sapphire or Visiontek

Pyros

Limp Gawd
In the next few days I will end up owning two 4870's, a Sapphire and a Vistiontek. I ordered the Visiontek from Best Buy and got caught by their backorder scam. So I went to eBay and ordered the Sapphire, because I had a $25 gift card. I paid the same exact price ($315) for both cards.

So my question is: Which one would you keep?

Yeah same thing happened to me at Buy.com, had to cancel my order and wait 3 days for my money to be allocated back into my account...

Anways, I picked up the Visiontek , It has a lifetime warranty so that gives me a little piece of mind. I don't plan on upgrading for atleast another 2 years.

Yeah same thing happened to me at Buy.com, had to cancel my order and wait 3 days for my money to be allocated back into my account...

Anways, I picked up the Visiontek , It has a lifetime warranty so that gives me a little piece of mind. I don't plan on upgrading for atleast another 2 years.

Funny how our money is gone at the speed of light, but comes back on a horse and buggy.

I forgot about the Visiontek warranty. I'm going for a couple of years, too, so that makes sense. When I built my rig last fall I basically got caught between GPU generations for a 1900 x 1200 build. The 4870 is the card I wanted when I built the system. Can't wait to fire one up.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm going with Visiontek. Mostly from price/availibility/warranty, and the rumors of bad Sapphire customer service certainly don't help them.

Visiontek has a lifetime warranty and better tech support. No contest.

Thanks, gang. I'm keeping the Visiontek. When [H] members vote unanimously, you go with it!

Appreciate all the input. I'll post some test results in another thread some time next week.

Good call on the VisionTek. I've had both cards. My Sapphire card never died, but VisionTek support and warranty pwns laughpphire's.

I am going to use aftermarket cooler, will I still able to keep the warranty? I got visiontek btw :)

I am going to use aftermarket cooler, will I still able to keep the warranty? I got visiontek btw :)

So long as you put the stock cooler back on if you ever have to RMA it and don't tell them that you used aftermarket cooling, you shouldn't have any issues ;).

So long as you put the stock cooler back on if you ever have to RMA it and don't tell them that you used aftermarket cooling, you shouldn't have any issues ;).

Haha I will make sure to take good card of the stock cooler then, thanks ;)!

I've heard that Visiontek has a lower voltage and so can't oc as well, is this true?

Back