Which 500~W PSU?

Well it would be nice to have a PSU that would comply with the upcoming technologies, it does me no good if it won't work with the rig I'm building now. I'm not really educated about electronics, so when it comes to making my own pin adapters I'm kinda sketchy about it. I think I'll wait until August to order my PSU, that way the Ultra Products nifty looking supply should have some more reviews and hopefully some non "rudimentary" tests done to it.

Now I'm off to research about HDD setups. (another one of your favorite subjects if I'm not mistaking) :D

just buy the molex to 4pin connector, operaghost. then u can use the fortron 550W if u have a 24pin to 20pin adapter.

and btw u sure the molex to 4pin connector will work?

and thanks a LOT ice czar i cant understand how u can write so much :confused:

thanks man :)

maz

well it would work however....

6.1.1 12V Power Rail Configuration

There are two types of 12V rail configurations for systems: 'Common plane' and "Split plane' processor power delivery. The 'commob plane' system has both processors powered from a single 12V rail (+12V1) from the power supply. The 'split plane' system has both processors powered by seperate 12V rails (+12V1 and +12V2) one dedicated to each processor. The system in both cases, has an additional 12V rail to power the rest of the baseboard +12V loads and dc/dc converters. +12V1, +12V2 and +12V3 should not be connected together on the baseboard to ensure that 240VA protection circuits in the power supply operate properly

Table 6: 12V Rail Summary
........................................................................................................................................................................................
Common Plane System........................................................Split Plane System
+12V1........Processors.........................................................+12V1........Processor 1
+12V2........Baseboard components other than processors.......+12V2........Processor 2
+12V3........Drives and peripherals..........................................+12V3........Baseboards and components other than processors
...........................................................................................+12V4........Drives and peripherals

the question becomes which 12V rail is then powering it
youd be introducing the +12V3 (or 4 in the Split-plane) onto the board
so ideally you wouldnt do that

Back