Which 6800gt should I get?

Deltron

n00b
Ok, I am going to be ordering a 6800gt from newegg within the next 3 hours, so I need a quick response.

its between the xfx, gainward or evga, so please tell me which one will be the best overall card.

Whichever one is cheaper, or if you want bundled games, whichever one has the best games. They all perform the same and have practically identical build "quality," so you can't go wrong.

Personally, none of them. Go to GameVe.com or Pricewatch to find a BFG 6800GT. It's real lifetime warranty is worth it.

evga.....its cheap, runs great and if you get bored of it in 90 days, stepup to the ultra for the difference in price plus shipping

Out of those, I'd go with eVGA. Check my thread in the Nvidia section for places its in stock. I also second BFG as an excellent company to consider.

Small problem with the BFG GT version is their new cooler. It has flashy LED fans but runs like 8-10 C hotter than the reference design.

Ok sweet, looks like i will be ordering the BFG, mainly for the true lifetime warranty.

good choice, can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty on an oc'd card. ;) i'm looking forward to maybe ordering one myself

leadtek is a good company too....also....is gainwards 2 fan cooler any good??? i know the company is good...but is the one better or worse than the reference ones...it looks worse but thats just me....and i havent seen any OC stats on it yet...

bleh, sorry to bump. i had to go with the evga from gameve, i didnt want to wait a few weeks for the backordered BFG and it was like $60 cheaper lol. it will be here in 12 hours!.

evga is a VERY good company....the bfg is just as good the thing that makes it so special is the AWESOME lifetime warranty and the OC under warranty...but there really is no difference (other than bundles) between evga and bfg

Just got my eVGA installed last night. So far no problems, though im tweaking all my games as the VYSNC is driving me nuts.

i just ordered a bfg 6800gt oc for 399 plus 5 bucks for next day fed ex :) i should have it by monday

xSyzygy666x said:
how does vsync drive you nuts??? id MUCH rather have that than tearing.....

Because if the framerate doesn't stay within a certain number, it automatically lowers the framerate in half to compensate which produces these annoying as hell slowdowns.

leadtek is good cards :p. no, realy, i cant say enough about my card. and the cooler kicks ass. just make shure you have a dvd drive(some of the games come on dvd, spacifily splinter cell: pt)

Honestly, if I was going for an nVidia card, I'd go BFG. Overclocked out of the box WITH a lifetime warranty? Man, that's a no brainer. I have had cards die after 18 months... but if you arent going for quality, then go for the cheapest.

I've heard some horror stories though about trying to deal with getting a card replaced through leadtek. It may not be true, and if it works for you then I'm all for it. I've just found it hard to actually come across a negative BFG review. I'm sure they are out there, but they seem the hardest to come by.

Back