Which 6950HD 2GB Card? Help ASAP please.

Rezion

n00b
Okay, so I had decided on this card:

XFX HD-695X-CDFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB

But, now I see this for a cheaper price:

DIAMOND 6950PE52G Radeon HD 6950 2GB

So, I don't see much of a difference between these cards. But, I also do not have that much knowledge when it comes to GPUs.

How are the brands compared? Warranties? And finally, I saw people talking about unlocking the 6950. Do either of these cards have that capability, or is that just a chance?

Looking to order today or tomorrow morning.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you guys.

hands down the XFX 2GB 6950 -- I bought one about 2 months ago and it's been a dream. Got it overclocked to 930Mhz stable so far as well (stock cooler)

"Diamond" used to be a big (and good) company back in the mid to late 90's, I wouldn't trust their modern stuff at all though. The few reviews I read on their particular 6950 said there were some freaky things going on with the card and it's quality. In the end -- spend the extra 10 dollars and go with XFX, trusted brand, and have double lifetime warranty.

Not sure on the unlockability of either card, from the small reading I've done cards that can be unlocked are super rare these days. And I'm not about to put my prized 6950 2GB on the test bench with a chance of dying.

Love my XFX 6950 2GB -- every game (even BF3) plays perfectly smooth on my 1920X1080p (ultra with moderate AA)

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will go with XFX, I trust that name more.

It is, but only $20 more after rebate, which I plan on doing and don't really mind.

I think for $20, it is worth it for the XFX name. If anyone else thinks otherwise, I would love to hear from you.

HIS Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X Turbo Graphics card's are the best hands down! Much better cooler. Run cooler, and are quiet.

I have 2 in a Lian-Li V354, crossfired, run great. quiet and don't overheat in such a small case with little room.

MSI twin frozr III PE/OC 2gb 6950! In all honesty though you cant go wrong with any of the big names HIS, MSI, XFX, Sapphire. If your looking to unlock your best bet is the MSI or the Sapphire toxic. Both have bios switches.

I'm gonna vote for a sapphire card either the dirt 3, toxic, or new dual fan version. All unlock with a flip of a switch if your gpu will allow it. They also have very good temps and are quiet under load compared to the reference cards.

Back