Limp Gawd
I am thinking of getting a Geforce 7800GTX I am constrained to these brands:

Chaintech
Asus
Gigabyte
Galaxy
Leadtech
Point of view

I know XFX and BFGTech are popular but I cannot find them in Europe.

The EVGA listed is not like mine? Mine is 450/1200 and Vivo

I bet that the 7800GTXs on the market right now are reference cards made by Nvidia and then modified in some way by their partners (adding a sticker label, custom cooler, etc...). I don't think you could go wrong with any of those brands. Personally, I'd go with the brand with the best warranty.

mmarsh said:
I am thinking of getting a Geforce 7800GTX I am constrained to these brands:

Chaintech
Asus
Gigabyte
Galaxy
Leadtech
Point of view

I know XFX and BFGTech are popular but I cannot find them in Europe.

Out of all of those i would choose these 2 in this order

leadtek
asus

or which ever clocks the highest stock

I have never owned a xfx or pine tech card until today. I only bought it cause of it's clocks.

They're all reference boards so you can't go wrong with any. Just choose which offers your the best warranty and service and go with that.

yea BFG is the first choice for my part. they pre overclock the card and give it a lifetime warranty. from what i have read the total overclock is better than anyone else's. the memeory is O/C to 1300! thats 460/1300.

jervonics said:
yea BFG is the first choice for my part. they pre overclock the card and give it a lifetime warranty. from what i have read the total overclock is better than anyone else's. the memeory is O/C to 1300! thats 460/1300.

The XFX OC is faster (490 core), but yeah, the BFG has a lifetime warranty at that speed...which is pretty awesome...I would go for the BFG myself...

they are all pretty much the same but they do vary even from the same video card makers.

case in point: me and a buddy of mine both bought our BFG 7800 GTX cards from the same place at the same time.

his card's core will run @ 520 while mine tops out at 501. but on the other hand, his memory tops out at like 1325 while mine can easily hit 1400 (I havent tried any higher).

the two cards are on identical systems and I do mean identical. so its obviously luck of the draw as to what kind of an O/Cer you finally end up with.

Back