Which Card for Everquest2 ?

$$grh$$

n00b
Hi,

My 9800Pro recently bit the bullet, and i'm in desperate need of an upgrade. My choices have boiled down to :

Powercolour Ati Radeon X800XT - 256 DDR3 VIVO

Galaxy Glacier GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI

In AGP format. I am currently addicted to everquest2, but I can't find a review any where on the web comparing the two cards in this game, although there are about a million other reviews which have me swinging slightly towards the Ati Card.

Has anyone seen any reviews anywhere that compare the two cards in EQ2? or if not, what do you suggest I pick?

Thanks

I have both a 6800gt and a x800xt and have played eq2 for a short time with both of them. The ati is better for eq2... the 6800gt has some render issues and is slower.

EQ2 works ok on my friends rig which has a 9700Pro in it. So I don't think a 9800Pro is a bad card, but if your looking to upgrade there are better/faster choices.

My 9800Pro recently bit the bullet, and i'm in desperate need of an upgrade.
Like the first post said I have heard about render issues with the 6800GT, but not sure if there are any issues with the latest drivers. Is there an EQ2 board you could ask on, they would probably know if there are still issues with certain Nvidia cards.

When I said 'Bit the Bullet' I meant burnt out, so that is why I need an upgrade. The 9800 Pro was ok, but as it needs replacing I want to go to the next step up.

I have asked on the EQ2 boards, but haven't had a response yet, although a friend has a 6800GT and he says the stutter issue is fixed.

Bah, my english aint the best since I'm not from the english speaking country, and I don't get all these "frases" (spelling?). Soz for the stupid question posted above.

I've never really seen any benches for EQ2, which is kinda suprising, since it's such an intense game that a lot of people were upgrading for it. All we really have are a bunch of subjective "it works ok with X" and "System Z was faster than system X" to work with.

I've got an A64-2800+, 1GB mem, 6800 (16 pipe, 370/790 core/mem) and I run at 1280x1024 with "decent" settings. You might ask over in the gaming forum what people are using in EQ2.

Back