Which case? Or is it even a question?

trxjw

Limp Gawd
My new system is going on order in a couple weeks, and I'm working out the final spots in my order. So far I'll be going with:
X2 4400
MSI Diamond Plus x32 SLI
Dual 7800GTs
2GB G.Skill DDR400
Enermax Noisetaker 600w
2 Maxline 3 250GB's
and a NEC ND-3550A DVD-RW

As for my case, It's a toss up between an Antec p180, and a Lian Li V1000. I know theres a considerable price difference, but I want to make sure I get the right box for my cake if you know what I mean. I'm looking for a combination between cooling and silence as the case will be sitting on top of my desk so I dont want it to be too loud. I've heard the P180 is extremely heavy, so I thought about going with something like this even:
http://www.xoxide.com/ll-warrior-special-edition-black.html - but Im worried about the video cards clearing the 80mm fans below the window.

or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811233004 - but I havent heard anything about it good or bad.

If you guys have any other suggestions, feel free to add them. I'm just looking for something solid, not too heavy, cools well, and looks clean with or without a window.

Thanks.

id advise 3d aurora or the v1000 personally i love the look of both those cases and they both cool very well i think :)

the p180 beats em btoh hands down for cooling though but IMO its too bland... WAY too bland

This Li Li is a really nice case. The build quality will be much better than the P180 and it looks much nicer. However, IMO it is really expensive to burden you with 80mm fans. Also, the top blowhole is positioned too far to the front to be as helpful as it could be for venting hot air. The heat from the CPU will be too far to the rear, so I don't see what it would really vent except for negligible heat from your DVD drive. If you go with this case, ask them to punch the blowhole 2/3rd of the distance to the rear. The P180 is better designed from that standpoint since that is where the blowhole is. Also, the P180 will mask noise better with its plastic and steel sandwich design. Aluminum likes to vibrate, resonate and amplify any noise from your HDD, DVD drives, and fans, so you will need to put in extra work to isolate and minimize that noise which the P180 would naturally eliminate or mask better.

c1001 said:
This Li Li is a really nice case. <snip> However, IMO it is really expensive to burden you with 80mm fans. Also, the top blowhole is positioned too far to the front to be as helpful as it could be for venting hot air.

Lian Li V1000 has 2 120mm fans and no top blowhole, you're thinking of the PC-65, which had 3 80mm's and a blowhole.

Since the li li mounts the mobo upside down, and the mobo you've got has heatpipes you would probably see higher temps on the chipset than I'd be comfortable with. I know some people have put asus a8n-premiums in li li 1/2000's with some lower than expected temp increases so the issue I brought up may not even be relevant.

~GoaT~ said:
Since the li li mounts the mobo upside down, and the mobo you've got has heatpipes you would probably see higher temps on the chipset than I'd be comfortable with. I know some people have put asus a8n-premiums in li li 1/2000's with some lower than expected temp increases so the issue I brought up may not even be relevant.

Ah, a good point. I'll definetly keep that in mind.

mj007 said:
Lian Li V1000 has 2 120mm fans and no top blowhole, you're thinking of the PC-65, which had 3 80mm's and a blowhole.

Look at the Xoxide link he provided. You'll see what I was refering to.

Now I see what you were saying. I didnt bother to click his link because he referred to the case as "V1000" not "Lian Li Warrior". ;)

trxjw said:
As for my case, It's a toss up between an Antec p180, and a Lian Li V1000.

I have the x2 4800/ A8N SLI premium in my v1000b and never have had any temp problems so far. Pretty much average temps atm but may go watercooling in the near future with a v2000 i think....Plus i love the look of the case :p

mj007 said:
Now I see what you were saying. I didnt bother to click his link because he referred to the case as "V1000" not "Lian Li Warrior". ;)

Actually I meant I was actually considering both as well as the P180 ;)

Back