Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Lian Li PC-A7110

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Other

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

dtess17

2[H]4U
I am in the market for higher end case. I'm sick of my old one and it's about time I guess something a little nicer.

I've done research on all of these, and I think no matter what I'd be pretty happy, but I'd like to make sure I get the best case for my new build.

These are the few that has really caught my eye.
I am open to other suggestions, but they have to be in the same line as these cases.
I don't like the pimp my ride style cases...I just need simple, black, quiet-ish, and good cooling.

Silverstone FT-01
Silverstone TJ-09/TJ-10
Coolermaster ACTS 840
Lian Li PC-A7110

For those of you that own one or more of these, please let me know your thoughts, and potential draw backs.

get the Antec Skeleton, Raidmax Sagitta 1 and Sagitta 2. Thermaltake Spedo Advance! thats what i have. all nice

I don't want to spend anymore than say $320 US
I never really gave that case much thought, but it is pretty interesting.

get the Antec Skeleton, Raidmax Sagitta 1 and Sagitta 2. Thermaltake Spedo Advance! thats what i have. all nice

I think you missed the look I am going for.

I have an FT01 and I really like it. The cable management isn't the best, but as far as looks go... it's a very nice looking case. I wouldn't go with anything else under $300.

For a high-end case I prefer the Silverstone TJ-06, but since that isn't on the list Lian-Li makes a quality case as well so I'd go for the A7110.

For a high-end case I prefer the Silverstone TJ-06, but since that isn't on the list Lian-Li makes a quality case as well so I'd go for the A7110.

Thinking back i don't remember that case getting much press.
I don't care for the mobo layout, but i was interesting to look at. I might have never looked at that case had you not brought it up

Another huge vote for the FT01.
Built like a tank, and the windowed version has an all-black interior. Hot stuff.

I have an FT01 and I really like it. The cable management isn't the best, but as far as looks go... it's a very nice looking case. I wouldn't go with anything else under $300.

+1, its really a great case.

FT01 Silver no window here, I love it. Had a sonata for a long time, but this thing is solid as a rock, quiet too.

Antec P182 , P190 ,1200 ....
Just choose a high end Antec case - and You'll be happy!

+1 for lian li. Aluminum all the way baby! :p All of these case are great, and I don't think we can definitively say which one is better. I think it's just preference, so choose the one you like and go with it.

Antec P182 , P190 ,1200 ....
Just choose a high end Antec case - and You'll be happy!

I'm replacing a P180. They are quiet, but the cooling leaves something to be desired, and I want something a little higher end looking

Lian Li A71: cheaper (never bad thing) than A7110, has also acoustically better HDD mounting and no direct noise escape path... and use saved money for damping the case.

You have currently P180 so depending on components you might have noticed that door without holes in front can muffle sound of components noticeably. If components/fans are quiet enough for not to notice that just put disc into optical drive and start copying files from it to HD. Then compare noise with door open and closed and decide which noise you like more...
That's what effect blocking direct noise escape path has to noise.

+1 for lian li. Aluminum all the way baby! :p All of these case are great, and I don't think we can definitively say which one is better. I think it's just preference, so choose the one you like and go with it.

Why aluminum? Any reason?

I've had 3 Lian Li's but that Silverstone looks really nice and easy to mod. You can't go wrong with either.

Lian Li A71: cheaper (never bad thing) than A7110, has also acoustically better HDD mounting and no direct noise escape path... and use saved money for damping the case.

You have currently P180 so depending on components you might have noticed that door without holes in front can muffle sound of components noticeably. If components/fans are quiet enough for not to notice that just put disc into optical drive and start copying files from it to HD. Then compare noise with door open and closed and decide which noise you like more...
That's what effect blocking direct noise escape path has to noise.

Really? I was gonna take the A7110 but now that you've said this maybe I'll look at the A71.

Back