Which current gen video cards [H]ard|forum users purchased. With a pretty chart!

I <3 my 5900 XT OC - all you haters can kiss my 75 FPS in FarCry at 1280x1024 a$$

I need to get my 3Dmark score in there.
I would be # 20 in the X850XT-PE class

To all of you guys posting only what card you have and nothing more:

Read the bright green text I added to first post.
It says it all.

I have sent a PM to Steve asking him to reword what he said in [H]ard|Forum Happenings, but he has not got it yet.

Lot more nvidia that than ATi, interesting, or maybe it just that Ati [H]er's aren't posting.

Good Idea, mentok1982!

hmm very cool idea. this type of thing should be integrated into the [H] forum profile.

I'll try to run 3dmark and send scores tonight.

Currently using a 7800GTX in my main box.

Surprised by the almost 3-1 advantage of Nvidia over ATI. Nice data.

HaVoC said:
BFG 6800 Ultra OC
X800XL AGP
LOL

3rd post after this:

mentok1982 said:
To all of you guys posting only what card you have and nothing more:

Read the bright green text I added to first post.
It says it all.

Wow, I may have to post a score so you all can see the power of my GeForce3 Ti200.

What are you all looking at?... so, it's old... I can play HL2 on it, Doom 3 even. Granted there's no AA, but it still looks fairly decent.

BTW, I am upgrading for BF2.

Crimson Tear said:
Wow, I may have to post a score so you all can see the power of my GeForce3 Ti200.

What are you all looking at?... so, it's old... I can play HL2 on it, Doom 3 even. Granted there's no AA, but it still looks fairly decent.

BTW, I am upgrading for BF2.

Look what I got!

abudhu----1,013---GeForce 3 Ti200

Give me your 3DMark05 score and be the second person on the list with a GeForce 3 Ti200.

Roach said:
So if people are running SLI do you count them twice?

Yes they have purchased two cards.
If you want you can tell them that their second card does not count.
Here is a helmet and a tire iron, you'll need them.

bk12321 said:
why not just edit the original post with a new graph every time?

With all the graphs in the thread people can see what is going on over time.
I guess I could put all three in the first post, but my mother is hassleing me right now.
I'll have to do it later.

mentok1982 said:
Yes they have purchased two cards.
If you want you can tell them that their second card does not count.
Here is a helmet and a tire iron, you'll need them.
Just checking to see if I needed to divide the nVidia card totals by two. ;)

EnderXC said:
Lot more nvidia that than ATi, interesting, or maybe it just that Ati [H]er's aren't posting.

Good Idea, mentok1982!

I bet that during the FX series days, there were alot more ATi Radeon owners than Geforce FX series owners on the forum. There are two types of [H]ard|Forum users here. The ones that go for the absolute fastest hardware and the ones that go for the best bang for the buck within a certain price point. Being mostly computer enthusiests on the forum, I'd say that there are more mid-high range buyers for video cards than mid-low end card buyers. Just kinda goes with the demographics of the forum.

Therefore its not hard to see that the 6800GT was the forum's choice during this last year. Why? Simply put, you couldn't beat it for the price until the X800XL came out, and by then most of the forum users already had another video card that was close to the same performance of the X800XL even if the X800XL was slightly faster some of the time and cost less money. ATi was simply too late with that cards release.

Sir-Fragalot said:
I bet that during the FX series days, there were alot more ATi Radeon owners than Geforce FX series owners on the forum.

You are correct sir.

9000 series 144 scores on the list.
FX series 32 scores on the list.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Roach said:
Just checking to see if I needed to divide the nVidia card totals by two. ;)

No not by 2.
Check it:
6800 GT SLI 25 scores X 2 = 50 cards
6800 GT 232 scores = 235 cards
50 + 232 = 282.

Yeah, people are going to go for either the bleeding edge fastest solutions or the best bang for the buck. Lately, that's been nVidia. Also, during the earlier part of the 6800Ultra vs. X800XT-PE days, the availability of the later came into question and was part of the reason for the sucess of the 6800Ultra/GT's.

ATi's availability was laughable.

eVGA 7800 GTX, fraps avg fps 80.447 in UT2k4 with everything maxed @ 1600x1200, btw the UT announcer says "holy sh*t" when you max all the settings... lol

The 7800 GTX has moved up a few spots, and so has the X800 XL.
The 7800 GT has just begun to leave its mark, it will move up pretty fast I bet.

cardownage17hx.jpg

You don't think that taking these from 3dmark scores will skew the results?

I wonder if the forum is similar to the Steam hardware survey where the dominant card for their users was the 9800Pro even though it isn't current gen?

As an update, I've sold two of my 6800GT's and I now have two 7800GTX's in SLi.

I can't believe the results of this scientific survey. :) Most people have the same card as me.

READ THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD...DO NOT POST YOUR CARD IN HERE!!!

:D :D

Back