Which DDR4 ICs clock the highest at 1.2 volts?

brainfried

Gawd
For you ram experts: One of systems is an Asus G15 AMD Advantage that I use as a travel gaming rig. Because I can't help myself, I'm going to overclock the memory in it. But, I don't want to raise the memory voltage because I can't imagine the memory power delivery having a lot of overhead available.

Which ICs should get me to the highest clock speeds with 1.2 volts? I understand that I may have to loosen the timings to achieve higher speeds. The infinity fabric can clock pretty high on these Ryzen SoCs, so I should be able to get some nice latency reductions from clocking that as high as the memory will go with a 1:1 ratio. From my research, it seems like Hynix CJR, DJR, and Micron E-die are the most promising candidates.

Thanks!

Not sure which DDR5 clocks best with low V but the power use will only be a few watt so I doubt the VRM will have any trouble.

One of the things I love about overclocking RAM you get all that performance for bugger all change in power use.

DDR4 max save daily voltage is 1.6v, and it will require fan if the memory is under 90~95% load.
At that voltage:
1. hynix DJR can go up to 5200mhz on Intel platform (gen 10/11/12/13)
2. micron B/E-Die could also go up to 5200mhz, also on Intel platform (gen 10/11/12/13)
3. Samsung B-Die could go up to 4533 with CAS 16/18 on Intel platform (gen 10/11/12/13) and ryzen (cezanne / renoir)
YMMV based on your procie IMC

Back