Which driver isnt needed?

Battle_Rattle

Limp Gawd
Hey all... reformatting soon and I can't for the life of me find or remember which NF4 Drivers I do not need... I have my own sound card, so no Audio driver needed, and I dont RAID so i know i dont need that...

Here's the run down on the latest Nvidia Chipset 6.86

* Audio Driver (v4.65) "WHQL"
* Audio Utility (v4.51)
* Ethernet Driver (v50.25) "WHQL"
* Network Management Tools (v50.19)
* SMBus Driver (v4.57) "WHQL"
* Installer (v4.89)
* WinXP IDE SataRAID Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"
* WinXP IDE SataIDE Driver (v6.66) "WHQL"
* WinXP RAIDTOOL Application (v6.63)

the network management and ide drivers.
audio utility can probably go bye-bye too

(cf)Eclipse said:
the network management and ide drivers.
audio utility can probably go bye-bye too

Ah-hah! Mr Eclipse himself...

You see that gentlemans handtyped text above me? Those are the thoughts of a wise and helpful man. What I mean by that is....check my sig... Eclipse (and others) help me build and Oc that machine last january... Through three revisions they sat by and gave advice! Awesome job!

A little follow up for you eclipse..although i dont even know if he'll see this again.... The Mushkin worked out pretty well... I got what I wanted out of the opty and that was 2.6... I JUST put in a new DFI modded bios (704-2)...might try to creep it up to 2.7-8... Ive got a new chipset fan coming and I'm going to lap my heatsink this weekend. Man those conroes are beckoning me...

Also, Eclipse you were spot on avbout the arrival of AM2... You were subtly trying to tell people that it was NOT going to be a big deal...

Stay crazy with the ram!

as always, glad i can help out man ;)

by the way, personal preference here, there really isn't much difference between the bioses, but i like 11-14 the most.. only problem is it doesn't have >200mhz ratios, but i doubt you really need it with an opteron :cool:

which chipset heatsink you getting, the thermalright one?

(cf)Eclipse said:
which chipset heatsink you getting, the thermalright one?

Nah.... evidently anrgygames and DFI reccommend the Evercool VC-RE so I went with that one.

http://www.svc.com/vc-re.html

Hey not to prolong the conversation, but if you were to get a conroe board and a 2x1gig set of ram, what would you get?

Back