Which fan airflow direction is better for Koolance Exos?

As Koolance owners already know, there are 3 80mm fans blowing on top of the radiator inside that long, black sleek case. The air is blown upward.

Now, I was wondering, would my temperatures be improved if I were to reverse the orientation of those 3 fans so that the airflow in directed downwards??

Due to summer heat, my idle is around 34-36 and load is 37-38 C. With my AC on during the day, the temp goes back down to the 26-29 range.

So, what do you guys think? Should I try to reverse the orientation of the fans or is it a waste of time??

I'm not an expert but I would think blowing cold air into the radiator rather than blowing hot air from within the computer onto the rad would be better, so downwards would be the way to go, maybe I'm wrong though

if you make the fans blow into the case, it should be better. Companies recommend that you have cool air blowing through your rad.

I also have Koolance Exos also.
From all the literature I've seen, you're supposed to pull air through the radiator. Although push-pull arrangement would be better I suppose. I assume Koolance engineers knew what they were doing since temps we are getting is pretty good for 1/4" and tiny pumps.

Currently I'm running Athlon XP-M 2600+ IQYHA@ 2.5 GHz 200x12.5 1.675v
Temps:
Ambient=26-27C MBM5 reported: Idle: 29 C Loaded: 33 C
Case Temp: 27C

EDIT: BTW for those unfamiliar, Exos is external and pulls cool air from the ambient. Which keeps the case temp cool.

Just to clarify, the Koolance Exos unit is not housed inside the computer case but it sits on top of my case. ;)

Optimummind said:
Just to clarify, the Koolance Exos unit is not housed inside the computer case but it sits on top of my case. ;)

I have one myself and I can't imagine it being better blowing down. Here are y
1) the shroud. Shrouds are designed to pull not push unfortunately.
2) Air has tendency to go up (hot one). By forcing it going down... there will be some air coming from side vent that will migrate back to air intake. Not a good thing.

jinu117 said:
I have one myself and I can't imagine it being better blowing down. Here are y
1) the shroud. Shrouds are designed to pull not push unfortunately.
2) Air has tendency to go up (hot one). By forcing it going down... there will be some air coming from side vent that will migrate back to air intake. Not a good thing.

Yea, I didn't bother to flip those fans. Instead, I flipped the water pump upside down so that the filler hole is facing up!! Of course, I had to disconnect the hosing and re-crimp them.

I did tht cuz I had a leakage problem--the lid screw wouldn't tighten enough to prevent leakage. I tried tightening softly, semi-hardly, and hardly. All the same. So, it got reversed! :p

Ah.. You must have one of the older revision Exos. I mine has the refiller hole on top.

im thinking of buying another radiator from koolances site and trying to cram another radiator in the housing. i was worried about air flow if i did that, i would probobly have to cut air inlets in the bottom of the exos.

acascianelli said:
im thinking of buying another radiator from koolances site and trying to cram another radiator in the housing. i was worried about air flow if i did that, i would probobly have to cut air inlets in the bottom of the exos.

by that point, SELL THE DAMN THING AND DO DIY

Back