Which Froyo version is best for the HD2 ?

EarthBrain

Limp Gawd
At the XDA-Developers forum, there are so many version of Froyo ROM that I don't know which one is the best in terms of performance/stability/and good battery life. As of Thanksgiving Day, which is the best one to use for the HD2 and why?

I'm still using HyperDroid myself, no issues that stand out for me. It's wicked fast and hasn't given me reason to choose any other build so far. Unfortunately, there won't be any more versions any time soon as the developer just has too much going on in his RL to be able to focus efforts on newer versions.

But I'm not the kind of person that constantly requires new stuff, I like stability so if that means 6 months from now I'm still using it, so be it. I come from a background of using Windows Mobile for a decade so I'm used to being "stuck" with the same OS for a long period of time.

I may alter the kernel at some point to get one of the very low battery amp versions (there are some that give 3-7 mA in standby for extremely long battery life) and of course SetCPU is a must nowdays, but I'm happy with how it works.

"Newer" doesn't mean better, more often than not. If it works and it does what I require, that's exactly what matters.

Back