Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Prince of Persia

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters

Xorg

n00b
So, I got enough money for a game and I'm having trouble deciding which game to get. I rather get an xbox game, but I could get a pc game if there are some good suggestions. I'm looking at three games but I'm open to other suggestions. I already have fallout 3, cod waw, and fable 2.

I picked Gears of War 2 out of the 3 choices(too lazy to think of the 4th OTHER choice) because I love to chainsaw people. Thank you.

Another vote for L4D. Gears is nearly as good, but the single player gets old pretty quick.

Gears is okay. SP is a good for like a day, but its super short. I don't like Gears' MP other than Horde mode, but that doesn't last that long. PoP gets repetitive, but its really fun if you don't get tired of doing the same thing. Mirror's Edge I've heard is super short. I would rent them, and buy L4D or CoD:WaW

Other: get a gamefly account and rent them all. Beat at least PoP and ME and then decide if Gears is good enough to purchase for the multi.

Get Gears of War 2. If you like the multi-player then you get a lot of enjoyment out of this game. Co-op with a buddy is a lot of fun too.

Also L4D is really good however I don't feel it has the legs that gears has. It can get old fast.

mirror's edge is terrible. Unless you are looking for a full price game that will give you 5 hours of play and little replayability...

Get Gears of War 2. If you like the multi-player then you get a lot of enjoyment out of this game. Co-op with a buddy is a lot of fun too.

Also L4D is really good however I don't feel it has the legs that gears has. It can get old fast.

I was thinking the opposite. L4D's a new franchise and definitely brings a fresh gameplay with it.
For single player, Gears 2 is almost identical to Gears 1. Other than Horde and the rebalanced shotgun, MP's not that different either. My wife and I have cruised through #1 pretty fast and #2's just been more of the same if not a little more dull. A lot of the "wow" from Gears 1's gameplay (mine carts, boss battles, courtyard shootout) are really just old hat in #2. The graphics are better, but it never feels like it ever transcends the shooter mold like the first one.
Over the long haul I actually doubt many people will be long-term playing either of them.
I honestly think we'll see the casual players go right back to CoD and even Halo 3.

I was thinking the opposite. L4D's a new franchise and definitely brings a fresh gameplay with it.
For single player, Gears 2 is almost identical to Gears 1. Other than Horde and the rebalanced shotgun, MP's not that different either. My wife and I have cruised through #1 pretty fast and #2's just been more of the same if not a little more dull. A lot of the "wow" from Gears 1's gameplay (mine carts, boss battles, courtyard shootout) are really just old hat in #2. The graphics are better, but it never feels like it ever transcends the shooter mold like the first one.
Over the long haul I actually doubt many people will be long-term playing either of them.
I honestly think we'll see the casual players go right back to CoD and even Halo 3.

Out of curiosity, why would the sequel to a quintessential shooter want to "transcend the shooter mold"? Should it have had more JRPG in it just so it could be different for some arbitrary reason?

To be honest I wouldn't mind most of the typical Halo 3 players to run back to that game. My ears bleed from all of the cuss words and gay bashing I hear whenever I play on Live. I could see the more mature crowd gravitating towards L4D. Most run and gun players don't handle teamwork well and can definitely get singled out in that game.

Out of curiosity, why would the sequel to a quintessential shooter want to "transcend the shooter mold"? Should it have had more JRPG in it just so it could be different for some arbitrary reason?

I don't necessarily mean that it needs more plot elements, but the gameplay never changes up in the sequel. There are the insanely easy levels in the vehicles and there are a bunch of shootouts where the same enemies are hiding behind 4-5 conspicuously placed walls. The encounters in the first game felt a lot less pre-scripted and you actually had to use more strategy to win them. In Gears 2, there are fewer sequences like the mine carts, the spider boss, and even the underground base that could be approached from multiple angles. Everything is straight forward and you always do the most obvious thing.

Yeah, I'd only get GOW2 if you plan to do MP all the time. I beat it, and havent touched it since.

Hell, you WTB? :)

So, I got enough money for a game and I'm having trouble deciding which game to get. I rather get an xbox game, but I could get a pc game if there are some good suggestions. I'm looking at three games but I'm open to other suggestions. I already have fallout 3, cod waw, and fable 2.

I voted for gears of war 2. If you liked gears of war 1 a lot then get gears of war 2 as it is much better.

To be honest I wouldn't mind most of the typical Halo 3 players to run back to that game. My ears bleed from all of the cuss words and gay bashing I hear whenever I play on Live. I could see the more mature crowd gravitating towards L4D. Most run and gun players don't handle teamwork well and can definitely get singled out in that game.
I really want to play L4D, and this is even more incentive to play it. I can't wait to actually play with a team (where I don't have to assemble my friends) that actually uses teamwork, going to be loads of fun :D

Get L4D now. Then get Gears2 in a couple months when they actually fix the multiplayer.

I wouldnt get L4D, id recommend POP or Gears of War. I have L4D on PC and it was fun for about a week then it got old playing with retards co-op. A nice premise, but killing zombies over and over gets tiresome.

Left 4 Dead, go for PC unless you have lots of friends on xbox that play allready. I just got the game on Monday and played for about 12 hours yesterday(day off). =D Best co-op of the year!

you have to play gears if you half enjoyed the first at all. the 2nd is glorious.

that being said, mirror's edge is a lot of fun to me too

Back