Which is better? Antec 550W or Thermaltake 560W? I want a black PSU...

sandman78

Gawd
Which power supply is better? I am wanting a black Power Supply Unit. But if the Antec is hands down the best route, I will get it. Below are the two I am looking at. If there is another brand or model you would recommend, pleast let me know.:

ANTEC TRUE550 550W

THERMALTAKE W0023 SILENT PUREPOWER 560W (BLACK)

Thanks,
S@nDmAn

Both are good. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.

happy buying :D

antec. Ive had experience with many, many psu's of all different price ranges including thermaltake and antec psu's, and lemme tell you, the thermaltake psu's cut corners and the antecs are quite good. If you want molex pins falling out everytime you unplug a device, get thermaltake. If not, go antec.

i would personally go with a Fortron/Sparkle or a PCP&C if you can afford it. but of the 2 choices, i'd go with the Antec, even though the rails are usually on the low side of "in spec".

Personally Id say Antec
tighter transient response, dedicated rails

you are going to get different responces from different people; some swear by antec, others by thermaltake, and even more so some even saying that the other brand isn't as good. i've read nothing but praise for both of these psu's, and problems that you may see on message boards are just unfortunate bad parts; when u sell a ton they're going to inevitabily crop up. in the end, it just comes down to what features you really want

^
Couldn't have said it better myself
Also, for a Black PSU, consider the Vantec Stealth line

If your happy with the PSU your currently using,why not just paint it,thats all your buying when get the black PSU but If you need a new PSU,I'd also go for the Fortron.

They are both good supplies and I've had no trouble with either, and like Vertigo Acid said, the Vantec is a good, black color supply too. I think whichever of those three fit in your wallet the best would be fine.

jacuzz1 said:
Get a PC Pwer and Cooling turbo 425 deluxe .They are matt black and will out perform a true pwer 550. I speak from experience. I had a true power 550 and the rails fluctuated too much. I have not issues since moving to the PC P and C

They are not that much more @ $134.00 and they have stealth black cable harnesses with naitive SATA power connectors

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/turbocools/425/index.htm

if you want to spend a little more, this man speaks the truth. It will outperform either of those psu's and it looks stunning.

I went with the Antec True Power 550W. I have always had antec, so I just went ahead and stuck with them. I'm sure the others would have been fine also. This PSU was ordered with a bunch of other parts for a new system I am putting together. Someone mentioned painting my current PSU black, but I sold my last system about a month ago. Thanks for all the input everyone. I sort of wish I would have gone with the Thermaltake since it's wires were already wrapped, etc.. Oh well, just gives me something to do.:D

S@nDmAn

so how do rails affect power. I mean, I could probably look it up, but you guys can explain it easier.

jacuzz1 said:
Get a PC Pwer and Cooling turbo 425 deluxe .They are matt black and will out perform a true pwer 550. I speak from experience. I had a true power 550 and the rails fluctuated too much. I have not issues since moving to the PC P and C

They are not that much more @ $134.00 and they have stealth black cable harnesses with naitive SATA power connectors

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/turbocools/425/index.htm

sorry for butting in but has any one actually bought one of those? i was wondering how they perform and what suplier pp&c used for this model... anyone?

he has one. As for suppliers, Seasonic and Zippy are often cited. I love my 510 deluxe, I am now a pcp&c customer for life. I think its funny to see all those people complaining about power requirements in the nvidia sli thread, dual 6800 ultras bring it on!

Thats why you should always go balls to the wall on power supplies. If you dont it will cost you more money later on.

k, zippy i know, it's a good server-level psu. what of seasonic? how good is it? i know ppl say that pp&c 410 silencers are supposed to be seasonics, btw...

I'm an enermax fan myself. They make good power supplies with high currents on the +12v rail, and that's good for modern systems.

Antec, enermax are my favs. Pc,PnC are the best by far, but fork out the bux for it tho. It's really worth it if you can spare the cash, If not, antec and enermax are great brands.

I'm not big on thermaltakes, sparkles, allied, qtec...I have seen more of those die than any others.....

Back