Which Linux distro for old Eee PC 1000ha?

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
Ive used Linux in the past but Ive never used it much at all. I just installed Unbuntu 12.10 on my old EEE PC: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Eee_PC_1000HA/#specifications

Long story short - it runs like complete shit. Super slow, takes forever to open up programs, etc. I did some quick research and apparently this version of ubuntu is very GPU intensive?

I already uninstalled it but realized I couldve installed it with Xubuntu - I guess Ill know in a minute if it will run much different.

What do you guys recommend? Im looking to try linux out so preferably not something that is super difficult to use/install that will give me a bad taste in my mouth lol.

I ran Xubuntu with my old EEE901 and it ran fine. Sorry I'm not too pro with linux distros, just my 2 cents.

Xubuntu is light as it's based on XFCE.

I use Ubuntu 12.04LTS on my laptop and it's very light, but I believe 12.10 doesn't have 2D Unity anymore. So, yea, 12.10 is heavier than the previous versions. You can either install 12.04LTS and use 2D Unity or the latest Xubuntu (or even 12.04).

Back