Which linux distro thats user friendly for a windows user....

Yea, DD-WRT makes them Linux expert and Pfsense makes them FreeBSD expert. Oh my! Firefox and IE! They are so hard! You must be sooo smarter than all of us put together! Dude, you can't even compile a nano. If you are going to pretend, please do it little better. Thanks. I guess Android phone users will be considered the gurus of Linux. Maybe, an expert notepad user will chime in and trash the latest Windows 7. Some people have been on various tech forums a long time, it isn't hard to spot a total BS. You are documenting on the web that you don't know what you are talking about.

Yea, DD-WRT makes them Linux expert and Pfsense makes them FreeBSD expert. Oh my! Firefox and IE! They are so hard! You must be sooo smarter than all of us put together! Dude, you can't even compile a nano. If you are going to pretend, please do it little better. Thanks. I guess Android phone users will be considered the gurus of Linux. Maybe, an expert notepad user will chime in and trash the latest Windows 7. Some people have been on various tech forums a long time, it isn't hard to spot a total BS. You are documenting on the web that you don't know what you are talking about.

Since it doesn't seem like you plan to stop digging any time soon, would you like me to go get you a shovel? Be sure to post back when you pop up on the other side and tell us what China's like.

Since it doesn't seem like you plan to stop digging any time soon, would you like me to go get you a shovel? Be sure to post back when you pop up on the other side and tell us what China's like.

It isn't a science to download the latest kernel and download few utilities and compile it and setup a basic firewall. Fact that you claim that it requires an army of developers just tells you don't what you are saying at all. Anybody with least five years of basic knowledge can do that within few days. Heck, it can be done in a day. Oh, aren't you the one who loves Mint? How many developers do you think was involved? All I asking you is stay clear if you don't like Linux. Don't claim you are an expert, because you are running a Linux firmware in your Linksys router. That is same thing as someone is claiming to be a Cisco expert by running a D-link router. I don't know what is your problem is with Linux, but if you don't like it... Don't use it. If Linux firmware destroyed your Linksys router, you can't blame the entire Linux community for it. If you got issue with Linux, don't use it. Heck, you haven't even really tried it.

The only windows program seems like they will need is microsoft office, but ubuntu has those type of programs built in that should do the trick right?

And yes jsut a standard user account not root.

It should be fine. OpenOffice reads MS office files. Since templates are a bit different, you should go find some templates on the net for your user/client.

tgg if you would be so kind as to post back and let us know how everything works out for your customer I'm sure it will make for another insightful and entertaining thread to say the least.

Good luck with your efforts!

tgg if you would be so kind as to post back and let us know how everything works out for your customer I'm sure it will make for another insightful and entertaining thread to say the least.

Good luck with your efforts!

Ok I will the, tower is still here he hasnt picked it up yet but I will let everyone know what happens and why they couldnt use linux if it comes down to that situation for some reason.

Back