Which MMO will launch first ? GW2 or SW:ToR ?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I am totally burned out with WoW, after 6yrs, I have to call it quits, I have hit a wall, and just can't continue to play the same old game over and over. Cataclysm was fun at first, but not enough to keep me playing, plus hanging around in Azeroth for 6yrs is enough.

Anyways...the two MMO's I am very eager to try out are, Guild Wars 2, and StarWars; The old Republic. Which of these two looks to be shipping first ?

Old Republic most likely, at least from what I can tell. Still hoping GW2 lands before 2012, or at least a beta.

As near as I can tell, the best answer either BioWare or ArenaNet are giving is "2011". So...eh, who knows. I personally wouldn't bet on TOR releasing this year.

As near as I can tell, the best answer either BioWare or ArenaNet are giving is "2011". So...eh, who knows. I personally wouldn't bet on TOR releasing this year.

Havent they had to go back and redo stuff? I haven't been following it at all lately.

I would look for SWTOR sometime after September this year. GW2? Maybe next year.

Havent they had to go back and redo stuff? I haven't been following it at all lately.

I'm not sure. I have been purposely avoiding paying attention to the game's development, so that my enjoyment of the game upon its release can remain unencumbered by hype or inflated expectations.

I bet Duke Nuke'em Forever 3D Online will launch before either of the two mentioned titles.

They are going to launch pretty close together I would expect in the long run. Probably early fall this year.

I was under the impression that SW;ToR had a rough release date, from no earlier than July up to December the latest, and that most expect it around October / November. Most gamers heard rumors at the PAX East show in March the game still had around 6+ months to go.

Guild Wars 2, I have no clue, they haven't released major official gameplay videos yet, just a few here and there, I would think that game will be out after SW. Wouldn't want to release around the same time, will hurt sales.

Anyone into competitive pvp following GW2? Never played GW1 but I would love for an mmo to come out with semi competitive pvp. I did hear something about no healing classes in GW2 which worries me. It's difficult to make grp fights last decent amounts of time while keeping them exciting if you don't have decent heals.

Guild Wars 2, I have no clue, they haven't released major official gameplay videos yet, just a few here and there, I would think that game will be out after SW. Wouldn't want to release around the same time, will hurt sales.

There is a lot of demo footage out there (hour long videos etc).

If GW2 pvp is like GW1 pvp, it'll be very competitive.

TOR has a April - December release with the very strong implication (if not outright statement) of July - Dec.

GW2 has confirmed closed alpha and beta for 2011 with public beta/release being determined by feedback from those tests. I think this is a strong possibility of a 2012 release with the public beta maybe starting in late 2011.

Back