Which motherboard is the better choice?

dynamiks

Weaksauce
I am lookin at both motherboards (Asus A8V Deluxe or MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum), and I am seeing mixed reviews of both motherboards. I am trying to find out which motherboard would be best for my next system. I will be using an AMD 64 3000+ 90nm for CPU.

Can someone just give me an idea of which board would be better for me to go with?

A lot of people are reporting problems with the MSI board. I'm not sure if that's due to people not seeing MSI's warning that their board is super-sensitive to ESD, or just people getting boards from a bad batch. Also, there's a key trick to get into the hidden BIOS sections on this board.

I'm starting to form plans for a new computer, and it involves the 3200+ and a S939 mobo from MSI/Asus/Abit. All 3 have their ups and downs, so I'm unsure at this point. The Neo2 works with the OCZ ram booster, but I'm not sure if the booster would be necessary with TCCD/BrainPower memory. My last 2 mobos have been from Asus (current one, and a Slot1 P3), and they've been very reliable (bit lacking on BIOS selections though). The memory I'm looking at getting starts at 2.75V, so I'm not sure if a 2.8V limit will be enough to take TCCD to 250+MHz speeds (hence the thought about the Booster).

The Neo2 was just reviewed by [H], and Kyle wasn't impressed enough to recommend it to anyone.

I'd stick with the asus A8V Deluxe, it's what I used in my bro's pc and what I'm going to use in mine, about a week or so. I recommend it, I just got a good feel from it, installation was easy and problem free for me, pretty good layout too. You'll be happy.

Actually Kyle stated that previously he would never recommend an MSI board, but this one has actually stepped up and is much better and he said it would be a good choice for anyone looking for a solid 939 board.

I will never buy another via based mobo, which makes the decision very easy for me personally: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

dynamiks said:
Actually Kyle stated that previously he would never recommend an MSI board, but this one has actually stepped up and is much better and he said it would be a good choice for anyone looking for a solid 939 board.
You're right. I read it wrong.

I'm still concerned about the problems people are having. :(

Im looking at the ASUS or ABIT. The ASUS seems popular in here but the ABIT is a little cheaper... hmmm

I had problems with two msi neo 2 boards in a row. I returned em for an a8v and now I'm loving it.

Asus or Abit get my vote. Just got my Abit back for bios RMA... can't wait to get started.

Back