Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Asus Rampage Formula

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Asus Maximus Formula

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Asus P5E

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
hard to pick/suggest an appropriate mobo when you don't say what it will be used for or with ...

Thought you guys would know seeing as I'm spending $300 on it =p

Overclocking/Gaming/Browsing/Whatever =p

The usual =p

I particularly like the ASUS P5E board for its' ease of use and great layout.

Depends on if you're willing to pay the extra $50 difference between the Maximus and the Rampage. It's possible to cross flash a Maximus to a Rampage, giving you the additional BIOS tweaks.

I put yes to the Rampage Formula since I own it and love it!

+1 for Rampage, however, there is nothing wrong with the P5E or Maximus, all are excellent boards.

Rampage Formula was my first choice but I wasn't really sure about it because of the tiny I/O panel ASUS has to offer. If I put the Gigabyte X48-DQ6 into this voting does anyone think the results will differ from what they are right now?

Another +1 for Rampage imo, although Gigabyte does seem to have some damn good mobos out, I'd consider the X48-DQ6 or such(any xtra pci-express slot would probably be x4 so watch out, if it(the slot) is it's a waste imo).

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L

GA-EP35-DS3R is only $133, I'd highly recommend this P35 mobo, mainly has E8400 wolfdale support without needing a bios update(for those like me without another 775 CPU to flash the bios).

Tbh I wouldn't have rampage as a choice if I couldn't afford it.

p5k deluxe not available here anymore.

Personally I wish I had an xtra $150-200 to get the Rampage to witness 1st hand how it performs compared to $100-150 mobos.

Back