Which new case? Silverstone TJ07 / TJ09 -or- Lian Li v2000 Plus2 ?

hyt3k9

2[H]4U
Okay, like the title says. I am making the purchase tomorrow evening, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I am a tinkerer of sorts so I like to open up the case a lot and fiddle with my setup frequently. I also may go to a WC setup sometime in the near future (maybe by end of year) Also, I decided to go with a Tuniq cooler for sure, so please keep that in mind. (I think all these cases are large enough to fit the Tuniq) Lastly, I currently own a Lian Li G70 and LOVE it. I am going to be moving my second rig into this case, and taking my main rig gear and throwing it into one of the cases mentioned below. Please know also, that I did a search on this forum for answers to all these cases, but I couldn't find anything that matched these up against each other.

Silverstone TJ07 = I read more than a few posts about the side panels being problematic (too tight, and don't fit right?) Makes me a bit shy on this one.. unless it isn't a big deal. *shrugs* Maybe some TJ07 owners can post here, how their side panels "fit" ?

Silverstone TJ09 = This case appears to get great feedback from people across many forums, but I am concerned that the "mid-tower" isn't going to be enough for me. I have grown used to being able to work in a case with TONS of room, and this scares me about this case, plus it doesn't seem as "classy" as the TJ07, what is your take on this one?

Lian Li v2000b Plus 2 case = I kind of wanted something completely different because I used to own a v1000b +2 in the past and I got sick of it after a week because of the size. (Way too small) After I loaded my gear into it, I didn't know where to start to tidy it up, it was overwhelming, since it was so cramped. I sold it off, to buy another CM Stacker, lol.

TIA for the 411 :cool:

2000Bplus II.... because i just bought it :p lol

The TJ07 was my second choice, but the 2000 has better airflow

tj07

i've worked with all three cases before and the tj07 is the best - on my opinion. i used one for my primary rig. classic design, flawless. pure beauty.

Just get another stacker :p

Silverstone is the highest Quality from what I have seen, But not many cases are more functional thank the stacker IMO :)

Thanks for the feedback so far, would appreciate more input. :D

Thanks a ton.

If you want the best, TJ-07... if you want what works and has drive space galore V2000, if you want something a little more modern and something thats wanted, TJ-09 is for you.

tj-09 +1

Tons of space and reconfigurability. I love it, it's a lot bigger than I think you think it is. But I don't think you'd go wrong with the 07 either, I have a friend with a 07 in silver, and it's a very sharp case.

I've been shopping for big case that could fit a triple rad nicely...my latest favorite is the V2000. You can get the one without the strange side panel fan opening too, might be a little 'cleaner' with water cooling. PA120.3 in the floor sounds really nice in one of these.

You can fit a quad rad (480mm) and a dual rad (240mm) inside a TJ-07 with no permanent modifications.

I am 99.99% sure I am going with the Silverstone TJ07, no one has mentioned the side panels being a problem for them though. Should I assume that this is a rare problem?

This is the ONLY thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on this case this exact second, feedback is really appreciated at this point, if you have side panel problems.. please post up and let me know! ;)

Another quick question I am wondering about:
Are the 5.25" bays in the TJ07 just like the Lian Li style cases? As in, where the drive bay covers/devices have the little bumps on the sides and "clip" into place? I was thinking about getting a few Lian Li accessories, but want to make sure they will work. Pic here

I am 99.99% sure I am going with the Silverstone TJ07, no one has mentioned the side panels being a problem for them though. Should I assume that this is a rare problem?

This is the ONLY thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on this case this exact second, feedback is really appreciated at this point, if you have side panel problems.. please post up and let me know! ;)

When i was looking into this case, the side panel problem was caused by the new method they use when building this case(first one of this genre for them), but this problem was mentionned when the case came out(2years i think??) over those 2 years they had the time to correct this problem, a review mentioned that silverstone knew about it, and would work it out....

EDIT: in quotes you'll see "into this monitor" instead of "into this case".... was tired i think :D

When i was looking into this monitor, the side panel problem was caused by the new method they use when building this case(first one of this genre for them), but this problem was mentionned when the case came out(2years i think??) over those 2 years they had the time to correct this problem, a review mentioned that silverstone knew about it, and would work it out....

Thanks for the information, I think I am going with this one for sure now. I just wish it came with caster wheels, instead of just feet. I know Performance-PCs will put a set of Lian Li casters on it, but it wouldn't move side to side.. similar to the way the Stacker was able to move around. I liked that.

Maybe I will get my mod on, and put a set on myself :eek:

Thanks again all who posted some feedback on this case.. I really appreciate it:p

The side panel problem on the TJ07 doesn't get mentioned much anymore so I'm assuming it was an early version issue.
If you're thinking about WC'ing in the future, the lower compartment of the TJ07 will fit a BIX480!

Just bought it. (TJ07 that is)

Grabbed it from Performance-PCs. I am having Hank do some custom work to it. Once I get it up and running I will post some pics. Going to air cool for now, but switch to water later on.. went with a Tuniq Heatsink in meantime ;)

Can't wait to get it, shipping was $40 for ground :(

Just bought it. (TJ07 that is)

Grabbed it from Performance-PCs. I am having Hank do some custom work to it. Once I get it up and running I will post some pics. Going to air cool for now, but switch to water later on.. went with a Tuniq Heatsink in meantime ;)

Can't wait to get it, shipping was $40 for ground :(

Congrats, i was looking at the same cases. What is Hank doing to it for you, if you don't mind me asking?

Drilling 1/2" OD holes in rear of case for tubes/WC project later this year (In the PSU mesh, where the 2nd PSU would mount - for an external res)

Drilling/installing a DD Fillport in top of case in front of 120mm fan grills

Installing "Cooler Master stacker-style casters" since I do not like the Lian Li's

Installing a smoked acrylic side custom window, that I later am going to tint black. So it looks like a solid black panel in day, but still lights up at night

Nothing super special, just the things I didn't want to fool with. I ordered it Thursday and didn't hear anything from him or anyone on Friday. *Anxious to hear back from them :)

I also ordered a few things for the case:
Tuniq Tower
Corsair Dominator RAM Cooler
Lian Li custom Sunbeam Rheobus (Black)
Kama Bay (Black)
Silverstone PSU extension cables
4x 12" 3pin fan extensions

Can't wait to get this case.. I haven't been this excited over a case in a very long time.

Wow, sounds great. I may just steal the fillport idea. Are you planning on using the lower side vents for the radiator? That is my biggest issue, where and how to place the radiator (shooting for at least a 120.3) and then where to relocate the hard drives.

Does anyone know if a PCP&C 1KW PSU will fit in this TJ07? I don't want to get all leaning in that direction, just to find out in the last minute that it won't fit.. TIA!

@ noahabel:

Yeah, I plan to put the RAD in the bottom portion of the case, and the fill port idea wasn't mine, it has been done a hundred times all over. It is just my favorite spot to put it. :) My order shipped today, will be here this coming Monday!! (Had to pick UPS ground, cause the whole order was over 80 freakin lbs) :(

Does anyone know if a PCP&C 1KW PSU will fit in this TJ07? I don't want to get all leaning in that direction, just to find out in the last minute that it won't fit.. TIA!

@ noahabel:

Yeah, I plan to put the RAD in the bottom portion of the case, and the fill port idea wasn't mine, it has been done a hundred times all over. It is just my favorite spot to put it. :) My order shipped today, will be here this coming Monday!! (Had to pick UPS ground, cause the whole order was over 80 freakin lbs) :(

i dont suggest this PSU, not because of a problem with it, but simply if you want a "futur proof" (for a couple of years) get a PSU with the new PCI-express connector of 8pins... Futur video card like the R600 and the next gen of NVIDIA will need one 8pin AND one 6pin to fully work

you can check the sticky about it on Jonny Guru's forum:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220

i dont suggest this PSU, not because of a problem with it, but simply if you want a "futur proof" (for a couple of years) get a PSU with the new PCI-express connector of 8pins... Futur video card like the R600 and the next gen of NVIDIA will need one 8pin AND one 6pin to fully work

you can check the sticky about it on Jonny Guru's forum:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220

Thank you for the "heads up" on this.... interesting! :eek:

Back