Which of the 7xx0 series to get?

HRslammR

2[H]4U
so as i'm crusing through WoW i realized that i haven't upgraded in well, nearly two years (wtf!) so i decided to leave the WoW world and re-enter the real world. it was then that i realized, i have no clue what are the bang-for-buck cards nowadays. surely i know that the 8x00 series is so awesome and all that. but i need a newer video card (the 6800gt is seeing it's limits) and i've settled on the 7x00 series, however i am not sure as to which one to get.

i'm looking to spend ~250 dollars on said card. so i'm not certain if it's best to say get a 7900gt(x) or a 7800gtx. is there a comparison benchmark of said cards? as such thanks for thine answers.

7900 is a refresh of 7800, there's better performance due to a smaller process.

Around 200?

I'd suggest the 7900GS or X1950 Pro PCI-E. X1950 Pro is ATI.

HRslammR said:
so as i'm crusing through WoW i realized that i haven't upgraded in well, nearly two years (wtf!) so i decided to leave the WoW world and re-enter the real world. it was then that i realized, i have no clue what are the bang-for-buck cards nowadays. surely i know that the 8x00 series is so awesome and all that. but i need a newer video card (the 6800gt is seeing it's limits) and i've settled on the 7x00 series, however i am not sure as to which one to get.

i'm looking to spend ~250 dollars on said card. so i'm not certain if it's best to say get a 7900gt(x) or a 7800gtx. is there a comparison benchmark of said cards? as such thanks for thine answers.

If you can find a 7900 GTO, then that's your best for your bang card. It's basically a 7900 GTX with slower memory frequency. Considering its price, it's well worth it.
If you don't care if it's NVIDIA or ATI, you can also look at ATI's X1950 XT, which is around that price also. Both are excellent cards, considering how much they cost.

You can get buy in WoW with just a single 7900GT. See my rig, It's what Im using for now to play WoW. Im building a new one atm & I JUST purchased the Gateway FPD2485W. Until that is finished though, I have the monitor hooked up to my current system. The native res on it is 1920 x 1200. I thought fur sure seeing how I had WoW maxed out on my older 19 inch LCD which was 1280 x 1024 native, it would run like total shit. To my surprise however, it ran wicked smooth with all the settings left exactly the same. Even though Im going down the core 2 duo/Nvidia 8x build line, if you plan to just want the upgrade for WoW, a 7900GT is fine. You can definitly get better than that if you have the funds & want something more future proof. Any 7x geforce card will run WoW beautifuly.

Back