Which of these two is a better card?

CeD

Limp Gawd
1) BFG Tech GeForce MX4000 128MB DDR AGP

or

2) ATI Radeon 7200 64MB DDR AGP

Is one of these cards better than the other? If so, does the better one have a significant difference?

Thanks!

I'm guessing that's a GeForce4 MX4000. Anyhow, I'd say the GF4 MX4000 is the better card. When I searched for the Radeon 7200, it pulls up SDR memory, not DDR, AGP 4x, and 32-bit memory interface (as opposed to the GF4 MX4000 64-bit).

So it seems its inferior in every way.

Both a very outdated architectures and neither is a good for todays games.

maybe he's just going to use it for a htpc. I'm picking up a Radeon 9250 or 9600se for about $50 that would be excellent for it.

but yeah...don't even attempt to play a newer game on them. it would be painful.

nst6563 said:
maybe he's just going to use it for a htpc. I'm picking up a Radeon 9250 or 9600se for about $50 that would be excellent for it.

but yeah...don't even attempt to play a newer game on them. it would be painful.
Ugh, none of those cards are very appealing.

If thats so I'd rather find a 5200 for that, they cost as much as the GF4 MX and perform about the same and have good Svideo out.

Maybe it's for a child's computer, or something else he doesn't want to spend a lot on.

I hope it's more along the lines of "I found these in a shoebox & want to put together a machine to play CS on" or something...

The MX4000 is actually fairly new. It was designed to replace the MX420 in nVidia's product lineup. The card sucks. Make no mistake there. It's not fast at all. It's about as good as a Geforce FX5200.

The Radeon 7000 series is pathetic. I had one in my box until I got a faster video card right after I built my PCI-E rig, and it's too slow to navigate the menu's of Doom 3 at 800x600.

I knew a guy that had one in his machine to run UT2004 and Knights of The Old Republic 2. It was painfull to watch him game happily at 15 FPS on low detail settings.

CrimandEvil said:
Ugh, none of those cards are very appealing.

If thats so I'd rather find a 5200 for that, they cost as much as the GF4 MX and perform about the same and have good Svideo out.

The reason I'm going with the radeon 9600 for the htpc would be the hd adapter. I don't have the cash for the external box (or the newer one that's a PCI card with vga passthrough)...but I can spare the $30 for the adapter and just got a 9600np for $35 (right after posting actually). So tell me why would you go with the 5200 with just svideo when you could use hd component out???? not a flame..just curious. I'm still building...so steer me in the right direction if I'm astray :p

besides...where'd the original poster go? I'm curious as to what it's for :p

Get the mx 4000

it allows me to play kotor in my low end rig

very good card for the price

Back