Which of these would you choose (560 Ti eVGA vs. MSI)

Which would you get?

• Total voters

GilmourD

[H]F Junkie
EVGA DS SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
  • Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
  • Core Clock: 900MHz
  • Shader Clock: 1800MHz
  • Stream Processors: 384 Processor Cores
  • Model #: 01G-P3-1567-AR
OR

MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
  • Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
  • Core Clock: 950MHz
  • Shader Clock: 1900MHz
  • Stream Processors: 384 Processor Cores
  • Model #: N560GTX-Ti Hawk

out of those two i'd take the MSI card hands down but personally the HD6950's a better option for the price.

EVGA hands down for lifetime warranty. Even if it doesn't break down during your ownership. Having a lifetime warranty when you resale it is a good bargaining chip.

At least it is to me. I saw two used GTX 480 on sale the same week. Both were at a good price. One didn't have a warranty, and the other did. As you can see the manufacture in my signature you will know the rest of the story :D

Get the galaxy 550ti! It has great dx11 perfermence and a quiet copper base cooler for it's 192bit GPU!

10o4sol.png

Seriously, out of the 2 cards I would definately say the MSI is better, because of the cooler. The clocks can be ignored as you can clock it higher yourself. OC is limited by the nature of the chip, which is just luck of the draw.

If you are replacing the cooler (with liquid cooling or a 3rd party cooler) get the Evga
If you don't want to overclock things youself, and will leave it at "stock" get the MSI
If you are worried about it, but want to try OCing get the Evga
3 years is a pretty long warranty, and if you see yourself upgrading before then go for the better card now MSI.
If you are in it for the long run go Ega.

So, besides the length of warranty, what's the difference between the AR and KR parts? Are the KRs inferior?

My concern, now, is that I've forgotten about Newegg having a presence in New Jersey, so I get charged sales tax. Tiger Direct only seems to have the KR parts. Both of them have a Preferred credit account, which is how I would end up getting this (6 months, no interest).

I know its the Nvidia flavor forum, but honestly I would get one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3901 600095873&IsNodeId=1&name=Radeon HD 6950
You can get the 1gb versions cheaper than either of those, or you can get a 2gb version for similar prices. You get similar performance with lower power consumption, and if you ever want to go multi-display gaming, you've got the 2gb of VRAM.
If you prefer Nvidia, I'd go with the EVGA.

Evga, has a $40 mir.

this is the obvious choice. if the price were equal i'd recommend the MSI (i have two Hawk's right now and they are fantastic), but there's no reason to pay $40 more for one.

That MSI card is a great build with its components and effective cooling. I think the MSI would perform better. However if you plan on water cooling the EVGA may be a better choice if it has a reference PCB. I know the MSI doesn't have a reference PCB and nobody makes a water block that fits it perfectly.

Last edited:
Back