Which one would you pick?

dgonik123

n00b
Hello. I am new to the forum and this is in fact my first post. I am looking to buy a new 24'' monitor. First off, the reason I want a 24'' and not a 22'' for example is because of the 1080p resolution. Second, I have done a great amount of research and narrowed my choices down to the following monitors. However I have likes and dislikes about each and every single one and I am very picky.

SAMSUNG T240 (Love everything about this monitor, but according to what I read the 1:1 pixel mapping is not present. Can anyone confirm this?)

SAMSUNG T240HD (Has 1:1 pixel mapping but there seem to be complaints about the input lag. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a newer model or a new firmware which fixes this considering it has a USB port?)

SAMSUNG 2493HM (Looks good to me, except the price maybe a little too high for a TN panel)

BenQ G2400WD/V2400W/E2400HD (From what I read has very positive feedback and many people recommend it. However, I personally dislike the design for any of these three)

Dell 2408WFP Rev A01/B (Would consider getting this one if it was on sale. Looks like a really great monitor. Rev A01/B also seems to fix the input lag problem)

Do you own any of these? What would you recommend?

Out of the choices you provided, I would definitely go with the Dell 2408WFP because of the fact that it uses a PVA panel, otherwise I would go for the BenQ G2400WD or the slim version of it.

Why don't you include the HP LP2475w on this list? It's a good fast H-IPS monitor, and is better than the 2408WFP for gaming. See the megathread about it in this forum.

I will go V2400W. Actually I have owned V2400W for more than6 months. For a TN, BenQ is the best you can get!

Based on my limited knowledge of the subject with a quick LCD learning curve over the last few days, if you're getting a 24" LCD monitor for quick FPS gaming (for games like UT, UT2004, UT3) then you want to get the BenQ (2ms GTG response time) over the other non-TN monitors (Dell 6ms GTG, HP 6ms GTG). It's possible that the better picture and lack of vertical view problems overshadows this problem, but that's how I see it. The BenQ better be available when I order one in the next few days.:)

My Samsung 244T is recently 3 years old and out of warranty now, and for that reason, I too have been researching panels. Not that I think it's going to simply die anytime soon, it's fun to at least see what's out there.

Out of your list, for me it'd be a toss up between the Dell and Sammy 2493 . Brand loyalty would probably be the deciding factor, considering I've had nothing but very good experiences with Samsung (even their customer support).

Can anyone in here confirm that T240 doesn't have a 1:1 pixel mapping? By the way, I am planning to use my monitor for all around use. I will be doing a good amount of picture editing and such. :rolleyes: . I know that a TN panel is a no no for picture editing, but I am going with a TN for a fact unless the price for 2408WFP or LP2475W drops.

How low are looking for them to get to? I've seen the 2408WFP get down to $450 but I haven't even seen the LP2475w get below $530.

HP LP2475w is a good choice if you are going colour aware applications. However it is not suitable for gaming and other web browsers than Firefox 3.

Back