which rad to choose

azn_bboy07

n00b
howz going guyz/galz?
havent been on this kick ass forum for a while due to exams and works. I'm thinking of upgrading my wc kits. my ac(aqua computer) kit does quite well to keep my system cool but not really impressive, my cpu (x2 3800+) @ stock ilde @ 30c with my cuplex evo. so i'm thinking of getting a cuplex xt and a tripple rad when i travle to japan.and my old kit will run to cool the chipset and vga card (gona run in 2 loops). so there are few question for you guys:
1- is there much improvement in performance between the cuplex evo and cuplex xt?
2- i'm thinking of getting a tripple rad (for cpu only), which rad wud be good to choose guys: the Black Ice GT Stealth 360 or Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme III ?? those 2 are very similar in price but i'm not sure which one wud be better to choose. link: http://www.oliospec.com/wc/wcrd.html#BlackIce. this is one of the stores that sell water cooling in japan.
3- does anyone have experience with any of these 2 (xt and rad)? plz share ur comments.
the reason i want to to get another loop is for my future rig (a c2d for sure with madly oc ~ 3.5ghz may be)
appriciate for any answer folks

well i dont think a 3x120 rad is necessary for only a CPU unless you we like pumping 2.0vcore to it.... even then it might not produce enough heat to use the whole rad. that being said out of the ones you listed i would get the Black Ice GT. I have a 2x120 and i went to it from a BIP 2x120 and i got a 2*C drop in my water temp, everything else staying constant.

I really like the XT and if i could justify spending $90 on a block I would do it but i got my TDX for $35 so that price is a little crazy.

thanx for ur early reply pal. i forgot to mention that i'm using 3/8" tubing so i need a good block to cool down my current cpu and future cpu tho. also i'm looking @ quite operating. I love to get those tdx but its not really my type (lol). i wud get the storm block if they're all made out of metal (its expensive but doesnt look very impressive to me like the xt does). any other comment guys on those 2 b4 i purchase
thanx

oh nothing wrong with tdx, i just dun like its design tho. like one of my friend, he loves innovatek and i dun really like them, i'm into ac more. so i guess jsut depend on person point of view. so u guys all rekon to get the 240 rad over 360rad?

AC stuff looks great just really expensive (relatively)

240 over 360 bc a CPU alone doesnt need a 360 and it wont use a 360

right now I have a 240 GT with an innovateck 120.1 with scyth 60cfm fans on them cooling my CPU, GPU and chipset with a Laing DCC with a aphacool modded top.

at 1.61vcore that i am at right now fully loaded double prime on my 3800+ X2 @2.7 i have 43*C load and like 34*C idle

now my ambient right now is a chilly 21*C but its october and my window is open :)

seeing what my bad boy can do not that it isnt 85*F in my room :)

Adidas4275 said:
well i dont think a 3x120 rad is necessary for only a CPU unless you we like pumping 2.0vcore to it.... even then it might not produce enough heat to use the whole rad. that being said out of the ones you listed i would get the Black Ice GT. I have a 2x120 and i went to it from a BIP 2x120 and i got a 2*C drop in my water temp, everything else staying constant.

I really like the XT and if i could justify spending $90 on a block I would do it but i got my TDX for $35 so that price is a little crazy.
My BIP2 handles an OCed 6800U and an XP-M with 2.0 vcore (yes, I know I'm insane, but it took my 1.83 chip to 2.525 :D). Absolutely no need for a 3.120 radiator.

hi there, thanx for outcomes guys, my internet being gay and didnt let me connect to the internet. i might back down to 240 rad. cuz i'm using a hydor l30 pump. It gives out a lot of heat so i'm thinking of getting a big rad to remove the heat from the pump b4 it get into my cpu. rite now i'm using a 240 aqua evo plex rad, a cuplex evo, and a 6800le to cool down my 7800gt. and so far the performance is pretty decent, as i mentioned earlier, my temp @ idle is 29~30 and load is around 35~37 with my stock speed on x2 3800+, my vga is prety good temp(idle is 37 and loading is around 45 i think). and when i leave my pc over nite with the pump on and no fan(i'm still using wall socket btw), my rad getting really warm to touch due to the heat from my pump. other question, between the gt and the gtx for 240rad, will i gain any more on performance???
thanx pals, u guys are great help

i'll keep that i mind, the reason that i consider to get a 3x120rad instead of dual rad is the price is not much in difference, base on that jap site, its about 1000yen difference, so abit difficult to decide, lolz. well i love to upgrade to ddc, but what will i do with my current pump, lolz. but i love to upgrade to a better pump tho. i'll ask the store for more info if i can get a deal with it, lolz

Back