Which software to download for stability testing?

Nerkanistic

Weaksauce
I just recently unlocked my Phenom X2 and overclocked from stock to 3.7ghz. It appears as though the computer is running fine, and my temperature from the bios is at a very solid state. However, I am sure everyone here knows that one should always run stability tests after unlocking / over-clocking.

My question is, what are the standard programs that one should run in Windows for stability testing?

From what I've read, it appears Prime95, 3DMark, Motherboard Monitor, AquaMark as some of the common ones.

Which ones do you recommend I absolutely must run?

Thank you!

OCCT

Its the one I always use. Also supposd to be one of the most strainous testers on your hardware.

LinX is a good one. I'm not sure abut AquaMark, it doesn't seem very demanding to me.

P95 for a long stability test, Intel burn test for a quick OC check.
Furmark for video card stability testing.

linX and Intel Burn Test is what I use. harsh testing and it dont take as long as the other programs you mention. with linx and ibt you gotta have good cooling and gotta watch your temps!!

Run the Power Supply test on OCCT.It gets memory,cpu,ps and video.

Don't forget Memtest. I use a mixture of LinX and Prime95 but mostly LinX with All memory selected.

I like Intel Burn test for a quick check, and I prefer an all night long Furmark + Prime95 for a heavier test.

I like OCCT because it has its own test in addition to a Linpack test. I use the normal OCCT test for quick checking and the OCCT linpack test for longer tests.

doesnt linx test both ram and cpu at the same time? thus you cant just test for your CPU overclock only and disclude your ram?

LinX is best used on intel processors, due to the IMC on die. LinX and P95.

P95 + OCCTPT best used for AMD processors. Make sure to test all parts, from small fft to blend.

Furkmark for GPU stability tests.

I say it can't be boiled down to 1 app or bench to test stability...you have to use a range of different apps & test to focus on each section of the system...

you are just gonna have to try all the programs and see what you like the best. good luck

Aquamark is a joke. If I'm testing new oc settings I'll do Hyperpi 1M first, then prime95, then orthos, then 3dmark 06 and vantage. I wouldn't leave any of these running for more than about an hour like some of these guys are doing. If it hasn't failed in an hour it's probably not going to, and it will just add unneeded stress to your components.

Intel burn test, OCCT(Newest version), and prime95....in this order.

Intel burn test detects errors much faster than prime95. OCCT has many options now. It can kill any system!

i personally do not consider my pc stable untill it has done 3+ hours OCCT ,60 passes of IBT @ max, passes at least 500% of memtest and finally 9 plus hours of prime 95 just to be sure.
all these tests strain my rig in different ways i have had everything pass and get to the final prime 95 overnight and it fails. to be safe run them all

There is simply no substitute for folding@home. I have had OCs that run prime95 two days stable, but then hang/take forever to compute a frame in f@h due to abnormal particle velocities.

Similarly, I can pass the OCCT GPU test with my 470 at 820Mhz, but folding@home gives rare/occasional failed work units with anything over 770Mhz.

Back