Which SSD would you buy?

If you have a little more money i would consider the 'real' Intel X25-M 80GB G2 instead. Its not that more expensive when you look at price-per-GB. And it probably lasts longer than many OCZ SSDs.

Intel controller is quite faster in random I/O (IOps) than Indilinx, the controller used in the Vertex and Agility.

I would get the Intel as well. Vertex/Agility are quick in sequential writes but Intel's reliability is unparalleled. I didn't have any problems with my Vertex but after reading around there seem to be less issues in general with Intel SSDs.

What makes the Intel so much better? I see people say they will outlast them but come 3 years from now I am sure I will just buy another. Is there reading problems or something with the OCZ's?

One more thing as long as I have AHCI enabled for the drive, windows will see it when I got to load it and just load it like normal correct?

Intel controller has good wear leveling and low write amplification when used properly, while generally JMicron/Samsung/Indilinx have higher write amplification. I'm also concerned with QA of OCZ products; they indeed seem to have more issues and die suddenly, while i hear almost no stories about that in the case of Intel SSDs, even though they are very popular worldwide and well sold.

Though Intel may seem slower due to the lower sequential write speeds, it is actually faster with random write and also random read than other SSDs. Since it's about the same price when you calculate per GB, the Intel quickly rises as superior choice. The only real contenders to Intel are Sandforce and Micron-based SSDs.

Intel controller has good wear leveling and low write amplification when used properly, while generally JMicron/Samsung/Indilinx have higher write amplification. I'm also concerned with QA of OCZ products; they indeed seem to have more issues and die suddenly, while i hear almost no stories about that in the case of Intel SSDs, even though they are very popular worldwide and well sold.

Though Intel may seem slower due to the lower sequential write speeds, it is actually faster with random write and also random read than other SSDs. Since it's about the same price when you calculate per GB, the Intel quickly rises as superior choice. The only real contenders to Intel are Sandforce and Micron-based SSDs.

So this is the one to get then?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167023

I have a vertex and I love it, it's blazin quick and there's nothing wrong with it. That said though, my next one will be an Intel x. They are dramatically faster in small random read and writes which makes them superior for operating system disc. And you can find them for 200 easy and you'll get 80gb. In the case here it's a no brainer. ;)

I am coming from a 300 gig velociraptor will I see a big difference? Also where do you see them for around $200? Newegg goes for around $300.

I am confused at that price. Its less than $220 US in quite a few online outlets.

If I would had known the Intel one could be had for almost similar price I would had went with it in the first place. Thanks again going to order one today!

Yes, but Newegg has just recently raised the price. It was $224 just last week. Probably will go back down nest week as you can find this drive for $200 to $225 at lots of places.

I also have the OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) 100GB and in real world use I can't tell much difference. Bought it when Newegg had a rebate to compare with the Intel.

Intel is not as fast on writes but most of the usage is read so that is not a big deal. From what I can read Intel seems to be number 1 right now with OCZ and Corsair making improvements.

224 on amazon. I just got 2.

TONS FASTER than raptor.
THe latency is insane.

Back