Who actually enjoys talking trash online?

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm a grown ass man but i'll be the first to admit I love talking shit when playing online. I see everyone complaining about the 13 year old potty mouths etc but it's hard not to laugh when you hear one of these pre-pubes call you a fag or a n****r......i usually just tell them to grow some hair on their balls.

what is the big hangup with trash talking online? we're all anonymous douchebags........why not have fun with it? :confused:

I say good game before and after every round and compliment teammates and opponents for feats of skill.

I do both. I applaud and compliment players who show some skill. But I also talk some trash. As long as things don't get out of hand it's all in fun. It can get old quick though when some chump doesn't know when to quit.

I rarely engage in trash talking. If someone is being an asshat I'm content to just shoot them in the face round after round without saying a word.

I usually stay quiet... the only time I really start to get heated and loud is when I start to get accused of hacking or something (America's Army), because the people that accuse me of hacking are total noobs lol.

unless its relevant for in-game play you're muted immediately. its a lan house rule. personally I don't mind a bit but its far too abused. we're there to game and with many of our setups using speakers its far too annoying

/.02

I'm the one who likes to listen to people take shit, says nothing, and then proceeds to kick their ass over and over...:D:p

Always choose the easiest target on the other team and insult him with any means possible just to hear him flip out the rest of the match ;)

talking shiet is fun... but when it gets into stupid arguments ...

===SENSITIVITY ALEART!!!== some may not find the following amusing:

Argueing on the internet is like the special olmypics, even if you win, your still retarded

If all talk is on in Counter-Strike getting into a pissing contest with some douche is pretty fun once and awhile. Especially if you kill them round after round and hear them flip the fuck out. hahaha

I mostly keep quiet though, unless messin around with some friends

I'm a grown ass man but i'll be the first to admit I love talking shit when playing online. I see everyone complaining about the 13 year old potty mouths etc but it's hard not to laugh when you hear one of these pre-pubes call you a fag or a n****r......i usually just tell them to grow some hair on their balls.

what is the big hangup with trash talking online? we're all anonymous douchebags........why not have fun with it? :confused:

I like sportsmanship, if there is excessive whining, bitching, or "hacker!" talk, I leave. I just want to run up a great score.

Wow guys get over it.. you know what happens in the real world? Trash talk. Get used to it

Depends on the trash talk for me. I don't mind most of it, but when it is some 12 year old screaming "fuck you fucking ♥♥♥♥♥♥ fucker" for the whole goddamn game gets old and makes me realize I'm too old to spend my time with retards.

Trash talking online is stupid because it ruins the game for many people. Nobody wants to listen to a bunch of nerds talk shit to them.

Yesterday i played some TF2 on a random server. Can you actually believed we could talk to the other team ?

this was one of the shittiest time i had playing tf2.

i compliment for teammates doing good, and i will call them a cockbag if they decide to team flash, or TK. its simple really.

Speak with your skill.

Sportsmanship is for adults. Trash-talk is for the immature.

Speak with your skill.

QFT. Though, you know, I don't have any skill. :p

I always say good game afterwards and move on. Trash talking is just annoying. It's not funny or amusing or shocking... just annoying.

Speak with your skill.

there are people who actually think that gaming itself is immature.....so there you have it......this is a shitty argument you have.

I think its pretty stupid to actually mean what you are saying...I like to just have fun. Usually I won't talk.

But, I don't mind hearing someone say "Mother**ker..." because they killed me or I killed them. But I don't "Trash talk". I say it a jokingly mood, always.

I don't enjoy talking trash online or hearing it. Rather use a keyboard to talk to people than actually talk to them with a headset. I don't care what they have to say, it's a freakin game. Only games I see them really useful is a game like PSO because you have to know where everyone is, but id still rather a keyboard.

How is there good sportsmanship in an anonymous online game?

Erf, why don't you clarify just exactly what your idea of "trash talking" is. I've already specified in other threads that I mute people who use racial slurs without provocation rather than give them the satisfaction of reacting to their idiocy. I don't neccessearily mute everybody who says "sit down, motherfucker" or "fuck you faggot", although if thats the only line they have, it gets a little old hearing it, and thats generally the rule, not the exception. I don't hear a lot of wit across my Xbox live headset, I'll be real honest.

My favorite guy who never gets muted is the "weird guy" Theres always one on late at night, who wants to talk about shit that makes no sense, and I'm more than happy to listen to that guy babble.

I do have a hard and fast rule about speaking until spoken to when it comes to trash talk. I'll never initiate it on my own, but I'm more than happy to bring the hammer down on some of these fucking retards I meet online. I just don't seek to drag anybodies good time down, thats why I don't trash talk.

You strike me more and more with your posts as the kind of guy I'd get tired of hearing run his mouth online. Do me a favor, if you have to trash talk, at least try to be amusing and creative, don't fall back on the lame-ass used-to-death cliche phrases.

Seek to be the best trash talker possible.

Trash talking is extra strength retarded. Like, bottom feeder type shit. However, egging on the kids (and adults with kid mindsets) can be a great source of entertainment. Since 9 times out of 10 even an average player is better than these kinds of people, the best thing in the world is to single them out and hunt them down, and kill them, over and over. TF2 actually promotes this mentality too, letting people know when somebody has been kicking the shit out of them. Putting them in their place doesn't actually make them shut up; it makes them get even louder and play worse, which in turn leads to everybody else kicking the shit out of them. Eventually they'll stop playing internet games and just start cutting, so I'm all for anything that speeds that up.

I used to only use the headset for when I was with my friends in games, back when all I played were computer games online. People would do the trash talking in text, but that didn't really seem to bother me, text doesn't seem to carry the same kind of emotion, no matter how many !!!111s you put behind.

When I got my 360 and started playing GoW I noticed the majority of people that were extremely abusive in their speech. I think it goes hand in hand with these kinds of games. You get "totally owned" and you'll be a little pissed off about it. If you're completely anonymous to everyone, its easy to vent this anger by telling everyone how much they suck, are gay, etc.

Actually, this went away in GoW after awhile, everybody was pretty clean during the later months of Summer and up to the launch of Halo 3. I get Halo 3 and lo and behold, all the trash-talkers return. Definitely not something I miss, I like to be a good sportsman and say "good game" after a match that I win/lose. Even when I lose though, a lot of guys on the other team will still tell me how much I suck. Wow, really? I just lost, rub it in why don't you. Last several games I played though, people have been fairly candid, I'll say how great of a match that was because of how close the score was or something, sometimes they'll agree, and I like that. Makes it feel a lot better to play online.

I just wish the world were like that Jay and Silent Bob movie where they go around and kick everyone's ass for talkin crap about their movie on the internet. I love that so much!

I haven't been good enough to talk trash on an online games since Warcraft 2, talking trash just isn't fitting if your loseing.

When i'm whooping serious ass.. i stay completly QUIET... i just want to be that nameless person that's kicking ass..

if i'm losing like hell..

i'll just same comments like
"MAN, i got my asshold torn open"

or other similar comments..

sometimes.. i just stay quiet the whole game.. i'm 23

I don't trash talk, but sometimes I pretend to be a teenage girl...

That's only for PC games mind you, harder to pull it off over a mic.

I usually toss compliments around. someone drops me in CS:S with a TMP from the other side of the map, I don't say "OMMFGLOLOLOLOL HaX0zzszz neuwwb is using uber TMP no recoal haks and aimbottingss lol! :eek::(:):confused::eek::mad::rolleyes::cool::p;):D." Instead, I'll say "Damn, nice aim dude"

Back