Who am i?

Righty

Limp Gawd
Can someone tell me what kind of card this is. It doesnt seem to be AGP or PCI and its really creeping me out. Yes i know its big sry.

2zqeb77.jpg

There is only one AGP slot right? I have an old board out of the computer with a brown AGP slot on it and it does not fit, not even close.

This card will not fit in a standard PCI slot. I just looked at my other PC without trying to plug it in to the PCI X slot, but it appears to be PCI x.

I was just thinking since it was a pretty old card it wouldn't be PCIx

PCIx is backwards compatible with PCI, both physically, and software.

EDIT: May we have a picture of that slot, please?

That cards looks to be a PCI-E video card. Just looking at it looks like a PNY brand video card. I'm guessing it's either a 8400GS, 8500GT or 8600GT video card.

That cards looks to be a PCI-E video card. Just looking at it looks like a PNY brand video card. I'm guessing it's either a 8400GS, 8500GT or 8600GT video card.

Yeah i just now put it in my 939 board into a PCIx slot and it works. Windows picked it up and installed it. It said it was a 7300LE. Im assuming an old ATI card. I didnt check the device manager, just read the popup bubble.

I have this old K6 socket 462 board with white slots labeled PCI and this card will not fit. PCI and PCIx are supposed to be physically the same right.

No big deal, im just sitting around board with a buddy and we trying to figure this out.

Here is the 462 board, as you can see the cutouts are on the opposite side of the video card
6gbqtd.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah i just now put it in my 939 board into a PCIx slot and it works. Windows picked it up and installed it. It said it was a 7300LE.
I have this old K6 socket 462 board with white slots labeled PCI and this card will not fit. PCI and PCIx are supposed to be physically the same right.
A 7300LE is a Nvidia card. PCI, PCI - X, and PCI-Express are three completely different formats that are not cross-compatible.

In that picture, the white ones are PCI and the black slot looks like PCI-Express.

Last edited:
Could really be any card. That cooler was a generic one used for low end solutions. I bet I can find 5 different cards that use it. The only way to tell is to look at the serial number or SKU.

Yes, PCI-X is backwards compatible with PCI, but PCI-E is not backwards compatible with either of those.

It's an 8400GS, PCI-E....

edit: NM, looks a lot like an 8400GS I took out of my parents HP..but it's a 7300LE....

Back