Who has a paid off rig post ati price jack?

nightanole

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so amd price gouging started around the beginning of november. So it takes 60-90 days to have a rig paid off.

So who has a rig paid off that built it in the last 90 days and post your numbers. And by paid off i mean converted the lite/doge to real cash, and not paid off using previous rigs.

Well... does that include buying second hand cards of older ilk?

I picked up 3 6950's ~December. They have all paid for themselves and then some in January alone.

Well... does that include buying second hand cards of older ilk?

I picked up 3 6950's ~December. They have all paid for themselves and then some in January alone.

So you could say you got 3 500kh cards and they paid for them selves in 30 days? Thats dam good.

It took me 90 days to pay off my 7870 (470kh some how) working 12-18 hours a day.

Bought in the beginning of December, paid off my rig (2x7970) and then some by January thanks to Doge. I started mining it at like difficulty 5-7, was getting 500k DOGE a day back then.

I still haven't expanded my setup since, even though I could easily afford it and still be in the black. I'm thinking prices will drop a bit with summer coming, unless BTC value shoots up a lot... seems to be in a downtrend at the moment.

I was able to pick up three 290s within the past ~3 weeks.

XFX 290 Black Edition @ $434 shipped (Amazon, got lucky browsing, last one at end of Jan)
Asus 290 DCII @ $440 shipped (Amazon pre-order, should have ordered more)
Asus 290 reference @ $464 (Newegg open box)

I had all the other parts of my rig already (old HTPC). Since I started mining BTC had that big drop and some recovery and DOGE went from $12 per day profit off one 290 down to ~$5 bucks as of today.

I suppose I'm in the "broke even" boat. Bought one 270X at the end of December... it's paid for itself thanks to Dogecoin and Litecoin. Ordered another 270 today... it's already half paid for by Dogecoin at current exchange rates. Hope to be starting my first dedicated mining rig build in a week or two, but it all depends on how fast this 270 gets here and goes to work.

Slowly working my way up to a modest farm. My whole strategy is based on buying the cards as the mining pays for them. I got in late, so I'm doing it this way to minimize my risk. Eventually I'm hoping the cards pay for themselves faster and faster, and then I can start thinking about having someone come in to upgrade the breaker panel :D

Ok so amd price gouging started around the beginning of november. So it takes 60-90 days to have a rig paid off.

So who has a rig paid off that built it in the last 90 days and post your numbers. And by paid off i mean converted the lite/doge to real cash, and not paid off using previous rigs.

AMD Price gouging? Are you saying AMD, the company, is price gouging or that companies selling AMD Radeons are price gouging?

I ask because as far as I can see, AMD has not raised the MSRP from $399 since November 05 2013. (At least on their site)

I think AMD probably is making a bit more profit and why not their cards are in high demand, MSI and them are making "custom" cards so they of course have a small sometimes large premium on them however the real baddies in this case are newegg and such charging a wicked price increase cause "we don't have many so lets make even more $" shaft their customers, great idea.

I have made a tidy profit off my 6870/7870 since I mined BTC ~$3200 all told I believe, had I sat on said coins would have been in the ~$54k range, lately lucky to be pulling power costs alone, maybe $40/mth at best and with the 2 jalapeno I have all told I think if I were to sell coins daily I might be profitable ~$120/mth tops selling at decent rates, see ASIC mine the way better $ coins BUT not many of them, GPU unless you have a rig do not generate a ton of coins and the ones they do are not worth nearly as much overall, so its a kind of 1/2 1/2 thing you will make profit if mining specific coins such as NVC, WDC and so forth but because there are so many rigs crunching the alt coins many of their value has degraded and many exchanges I deal with tend to have buy and sell walls of 10k+ coins at a time, hard to compete with that.

Anyways, most folks with 1 or 2 card will take 1-3 months to pay it off if all goes well.

I've sat on most of the coins that I've mined. Started back in 2011. I'd say it is safe to say that I've paid off my mining rigs and then some.

I started last summer with 4 cards. They were all used for gaming at the time or were retired already. I started selling coins here and there to finance my mining, so all my cards were paid for before I bought them. I can buy 1-2 cards a week easily right now with what I have from mining. If I see a good price or they are on sale, I usually buy a couple here and there. I'm looking at probably another 6 cards before i quit and start pocketing all the change.

Built my rigs the last week of November during the craze and mined ltc and ftc untill doge came. started on doge after a few days it was released and made all my money back and then some just with doge. Then the price spike of last week made it even worth more.

Well I started a little over a week ago, so I'm still $2,800 in the red but getting more back everyday... :p

I'm down about $2k right now but thats with about $10k spent and a massive chunk of that has been the past 3 weeks. I was profitable before a recent shopping spree. I should hopefully be north of 20Mh as early as next weekend but who knows where I'll end up.

I paid normal prices for my cards, started on Dec 5 (placed order for first rig at newegg) and I've made about 3.8BTC since then, and spent about 2950 on my 2 rigs. Minus electricity and the BTC price drop, I'd be sitting pretty good... As is, probably another month and I'm fully in the black.

I bought x4 7950's for $150/ea, x3 6970's with water blocks for $50/ea and 2 mobos for $75 ea (UD3 and an ASUS something) around November (right before the boom). I ended up selling 3 of the 7950s for $350/ea, the ASUS mobo for $100 and a Antec 1200W PSU for $200 (which I actually bought for $250) and had to RMA the last 7950 (which ended up getting a 7970 in return for :D).

After pouncing I ended up with a Saphhire Vap X Ghz Ed 7970 for $300 which someone was selling locally from H, a HIS IceQ 7970 for $310 shipped and the BNIB Gigabyte 7970 for $275 shipped

I'd guess I've realistically recouped about 15%-25% of investment after about a month (not counting electricity). It would be more but alot of people using calculators dont realize down time, tweaking, pool issues, more tweaking, power/internet loss, etc. And I still have more tweaking I want to do. In fact I don't know if I'll ever be done. :D

But I view this as a hobby. I get to tinker with it, move fans around to see what lowers temps the best, change voltage, tweak engine/memory, try different pools/coins. All kinds of stuff to do other than just setup and mine.

Those do look cool but a waste of money imo. My open air cases are made of PVC. :D Less than $20 in materials each and I can make them as big or as small as I want.

I was able to buy 2 7950s for about $250, about a week before the start of the huge price jump. My work then sold me an old Q6600 dell computer that had dual pci-e slots (and also 2 more 1x slots) for $50, monitor and everything. So i threw a fresh install of w7 on it and put a better psu in there and both 7950s. Started mining LTC for probably a few weeks, then switched over to DOGE and haven't looked back.

Been mining since second week of December, and have made about $550 so far mining 24/7 with very little overclock. Cashing out has been super easy, and now I'm thinking about expanding the operation a bit now that everything has been paid off.

I also have a watercooled 290 in my gaming rig that I do mine on occasionally. I'd love to get some 270x's and I'm kicking myself for not picking up a mess of them when they were sub $200. I might try to snag some of those new 265 cards when they drop if they aren't gouged from the start.

I would like to make a similar case to the jalapeno for a gaming rig so gets tons of airflow, easy to work in but still protected from dropping stuff on it, PVC I think a black pipe I haven't seen sheets of it lol.

I've been selling "old" cards for profit and using crypto proceeds to buy more hardware... sold all my 7950/7970/280X cards and replaced them with 290/X.

Just bought another 2x 290 (backorder at $450 ea) and 1x 290X ($650, but upgraded cooling and factory OC'd - and, most importantly, in stock).

So I'm back in the red temporarily until I sell some BTC for USD.

what coins are you all mining, DOGE doesn't seem like it would amount to much of anything, LTC difficulty/reward is seemingly not the greatest anymore either WDC and NVC are not bad.

Picked up 2 290s late December used and pic off already. Prices were already somewhat jacked then .

920kh each mined at middlecoin and multipool. Cashed out at VOS.

So you could say you got 3 500kh cards and they paid for them selves in 30 days? Thats dam good.

It took me 90 days to pay off my 7870 (470kh some how) working 12-18 hours a day.

That would be correct. My January cash-outs totaled 0.741 BTC.

I should also point out that January ALSO paid for the 7950 I bought when TigerDirect had them $229 in December. I could probably also lump the motherboard I got in there as well. Should be just about break even. And electricity has been accounted for.

Now February's payouts on the other hand have simply sucked so far. I haven't cashed any BTC out yet, and I'm sitting on a ton of other altcoins (at current exchange rates probably double what my current BTC balance is, but it SHOULD be more like 3x if the market was better). And I'm sitting on another ~$300 in receivables. Technical broke even this month I guess, but none of it has been realized yet.

Yeah, BTC has been steadily going down in Feb. My profits went from $36 a day in late January to $15 as of yesterday. Still a profit so I can't really complain on my meager 3x 290 setup.

I'm sure he's not, it's just that the alt-coins are tied to the BTC price for cashing out. Lower BTC = lower payout unless the rate between them changes etc.

I haven't made any profit, because I haven't cashed out any. So far, I've spent about $8,000 on scrypt hardware and electric. But, I have a nice stash of coins because I started long before the bubble.

I will re-evaluate my long term holdings in May/June based on market prices. i.e., I'm not selling LTC <$30.

Yeah February sucked. I am gonna have to sell some BTC at a loss soon(fuck you maxcoin, always pumping when I get out).

I did pay off a 270x, ~$100 worth of heatsink stuff for my old E760 X58 and also tons of other random shit I bought on my CC.

I have a gigabyte 290x and powercolor 6950 that have paid off. I have about 16 LTC left. Wonder where I could sell my 290x for top dollar.

I'm sure he's not, it's just that the alt-coins are tied to the BTC price for cashing out. Lower BTC = lower payout unless the rate between them changes etc.

^This. Every alt-coin I care about is tied to BTC so at the end of the day we are all basically mining BTC.

well true that to some point, I know my bro watches the price of various alt-coins and he usually sells to actual currency in the exchange, bounces coins, then buys BTC as some currencies get more return per coin the others, and some have a better return on the trade then going to BTC directly, I however do exactly as you in this case, sell coins for BTC or LTC then withdraw the BTC to sell it for $.

Back