Who is taking part of TF2 Free weekend?

Im buying it regardless tomorrow but if i wasnt then i would be trying this out for the weekend! any of you people getting it?

Better get it! But honestly it's been kinda sucking lately, every server has twice as many medics as usual getting the new achievements. Once that craps over and done with it should be back to normal.

between all the noobs running around and everyone trying to get medic achievments its a good time to rack up kills as a heavy.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

It's too bad that people who are trying the game out to see if they'll like it are probably going to get a bad impression. They'll see the game as medic deathmatch.

Yes it pisses me off how many medics there are that DONT HEAL. I had a full god damn team with medics.

Dont worry people, we only have to put up with this crap for...oh wait...every single time valve release an achievements update...sigh...

Same and half of them were running around like idiots with a bonesaw...some people :mad:

Yes I know, they should really just join those "achievementbox" servers instead, ruining the game for everyone.

They ruin it for everyone, but I do enjoy ruining their achievements where they need to get 20 kills with the heavy :p

speaking as a career TF2 medic, I actually dont mind all the noobs using medics right now... gives me a chance to play as soldier or some other offensive class and even though many medics don't heal most of the time, some do... so that means I can reasonably expect to always have a heal-bot... which means tons of kills for me!

between all the noobs running around and everyone trying to get medic achievments its a good time to rack up kills as a heavy.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Damn straight....that's what I've been doing!

1 Heavy vs. an opposing army of medics = ownage.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH
I've had my best kill to death ratios as a soldier the last couple of days. It's been fun!

Dont worry people, we only have to put up with this crap for...oh wait...every single time valve release an achievements update...sigh...

True, but i hope the medic was a test to see what needs to be improved and the rest come out all at once. Wishful thinking but I hope thats what they do. Can you imagin the engie coming out on its own. LOL everyone camping there spawn.:rolleyes:

Got it pre-loaded. Gonna try it as soon as it opens. Poppin' in a 9800GTX tonight. :D

i plan on investing some time with it starting tonight... i've been waiting to try it before buying

Screw that, I'm not taking part of this free weekend crap!

Did I forget to mention I already own TF2 and play it way too much! :D

I played it for a fw minutes earlier, insanely fun. Ive never been good at MP FPS, but still had a good time, I'm prolly gonna buy it this weekend

Anyone else think the Critzcrieg kinda sucks? Eliminates the ability to uber :(

I played about 3 hours... there is a LOT of back and forth momentum between teams. Part of that is just normal class adjustment. And yes, it sucks when people play selfishly. That is what got me out of CS, BF1942, and several other online multiplayer games.

Kritzkrieg is an AWESOME healing gun for the medic, I absolutely love those crits.

this update's a lot of fun, i'm curious how long it will take to roll out the other weapons thru all the classes

in the meantime, I think I'll get in a few extra rounds as Heavy w/all these medics dancing around :cool:

I got the Ubersaw.
That thing is amazing. I managed to get 3 ubers in less than a minute.

The Kritzkrieg seems to work well only in certain situations. I find it to work well when defending Dustbowl. I found that Kritzkrieging a Demoman and having him lay 8 stickies around the opening gates is a very useful tactic.

demoman would also probably be deadly if he did full charge/extra length sticky shots.. ex: on 2Fort launching clear across the bridge Critical stickies would blow everything away :eek:

I played for a few hours today, pretty good but not really my type of game. I have fun pubbing it but couldn't see playing it competitively.

Every time I play, the game will lockup at a random time. The audio will start repeating like a broken record, and the game kind of flickers. I don't know if it's the game or my new video card. Anyone else get this?

I played last night, but with people I know.
I don't really like playing online games with unfamiliars :p

Every time I play, the game will lockup at a random time. The audio will start repeating like a broken record, and the game kind of flickers. I don't know if it's the game or my new video card. Anyone else get this?

this happened to me once last night .... I think it has something to do w/the new updates. If it continues to happen within 1-3 days & they have a chance to straighten out update bugs, then I'd start to worry about your setup. Until then, wait in limbo :\

so i tried it out and i liked it but theres a lot more stuff to pay attention to then cs:s....and it is a tad cartoony but im gonna keep playing more to see how it is.

I tried it and loved it. I will be getting it... AFTER they get more unlock weapons out, and a few more maps.

Why you ask? Day of Defeat: Source. I want to be sure Valve will keep updating TF2 so it doesn't turn out to be like DoDS, we haven't heard from devs in a long time.

Back