Who knows about Fusion I/O enterprise PCI-E SSD Drives? I got one as a gift.

fociz

Limp Gawd
I received this beautiful shiny from a friend.
It's apparently a 360gb drive, but after installing their drivers and getting it into windows as just an extra drive, it's only reading as a 160gb drive.
Apparently his IT buddy ran some cmd lines to try and get it to read as the full 360gb drive but with no luck. But i'm not sure he had a clue.

I'm looking for someone that knows about these drives and if there's anything i can do to use this drives full capacity?

These drives apparently cost around $2700 to $7100 dollars per part.
It has a 5yr warranty but frankly i'm afraid to call their support seeing how i didn't pay for the drive.

I believe these are the specs on their site for this drive. http://www.fusionio.com/products/iodrive/

Some pics of mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fodiddle/8165581366/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fodiddle/8165581632/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fodiddle/8165581116/

Oh wow your lucky. Apparently SLC is the most reliable if that's what yours is, your even more lucky. :)

There a model on that card? You may have the old 160GB card..which is why you only see 160GB and why it was given away.

There a model on that card? You may have the old 160GB card..which is why you only see 160GB and why it was given away.

I'm not sure where to look, so far i do not see anything resembling a model # . And why would it state 353gb in the drive properties through windows if it was not a 353gb drive? These things are so outrageously priced it just doesn't make sense.

Is it possible that the card is doing a built in RAID? I thought that's what those did. I've only glanced over their specs a few times.

In that case, I think I would sell it and buy a larger one that I understood better. Enterprise hardware is always about 3x the cost of "normal" but decent gear.

Great way to treat your friends. Sell the stuff they give you. ;)

Well, if I had a friend that gave me a solid gold toilet brush, that actually sort of worked for its intended purpose, but was worth far more than the use I personally would get from it, I think I would sell it and buy a more useable to me brush and pocket the rest.. Just sayin'

Install the Fusion-IO software, it will show you all kinds of information about it.

Also for best performance you'll probably want it in one of the pcie slots with lanes from your processor and not from the south bridge, which will drop your video card down to x8.

I see 25 2-chips stacks of 64Gbit, so 200GB raw. I can't see how it could be 353GB.

I work with a bunch of these cards.
You need to install the FusioIO software and check the specs.
In most cases you can low level format the card and change the block size depending on how you want to use it. I've pulled better performance with larger block size when using it for a SQL database.
The tool will show Advertised Max Capacity and Formatted Capacity.

As for the Sticker size and what is usable.
FusionIO puts more memory on the card than what is usable.
This is so the card can wear or age and still provide the full usable space.
The tool will also show its write wear so you know if the card was free because its aged beyond support.

Good luck and enjoy the card!

Ahh thank you Nicholas, i feel completely useless trying to figure this drive out.
The fusion io drivers don't really seem to have a front end i can fiddle with, it appears to be a driver and that's about all i can see. What am i doing wrong here?

Also, how do i find out which pci-e lanes are from the north bridge and which ones are from the proc? And while im at it, how do i check to see if my video card has been knocked down to x8?

Downloaded gpu-z and the card is indeed running at x16.
When your me and your rig has been running rock solid going on 2 years you get lazy and ask dumb questions which you can find on your own, however back to the Fusion drive, i still cannot find this front end tool you speak of. At this point i'd assume you work with these drives through command lines?

Back