Who remembers carmageddon?

J-M-E

[H]ard|Gawd
I was just thinking about this game and how great it was....I need to find :)p) a copy of it now :D

TDR2000 = awesomesauce

Lets all just take a moment and remember how awesome it was

Dude....Carmageddon was the best.

Carpocalypse now was my favorite in the series...what was the big spring called? Ejectionificator? Something like that. Those games rock/ed.

I've got my copy Carpocalypse Now lying around somewhere. I've been wanting to reinstall it for ages, but I can't seem to find it.

Such a great game does not deserve this.

Shit yeah, I loved that game. Why, oh why have we not gotten an update?

I cry to the developer heavens? Release this license unto someone who will give its gore glory and justice!

I know thats melodramatic, but a new incarnation of that game would so totally kick ass.

We used to play the first game at work on the LAN. A bunch of us just driving around plowing into each other. My friend was the MASTER of pinball mode, and I usually had the solid granite car powerup when he got it, resulting in absolute hilarity when I would just tap someone at like 10mph and their car would just crumple, THEN explode, THEN go flying into a wall several feet off the ground. One time I drove off a building at the moment my friend got the pinball mode. I hit the ground, my car launched into the air a whole 10 feet or so because there was a roof just past I landed. My car literally bounced inside this structure at warp speed and just exploded all over the place.

That game made us choke with laughter it was so silly.

Hell yeah I remember it. :D Played the second and first games to death. When TDR2000 came out, my computer couldn't handel it and I never got the chance to play it. :(

I remember Carmageddon 1, 2 and the TDR2000.

Great games. I've often wished for a newer game just like those.

Kahnvex said:
Shit yeah, I loved that game. Why, oh why have we not gotten an update?

I cry to the developer heavens? Release this license unto someone who will give its gore glory and justice!

I know thats melodramatic, but a new incarnation of that game would so totally kick ass.

Probably because Interplay put out the first three. Interplay is now defunct so a sequel seems unlikely. Some games such as the Descent series may never get sequels.

Oh hell yes!! I used to just chase the cop cars around just to see if I could take one out. I have never been much of a gamer but I did enjoy that one.

I used to spend hours playing that. Some of the most fun I have ever had on a PC.

d34dly said:
I used to spend hours playing that. Some of the most fun I have ever had on a PC.

I definitely think of the Carmageddon series as being some of the best driving games ever.

Squishead said:
Download the Carm 2 Demo, go into the file folder, delete the demo.txt file, and kill for hours on end ;)

You certainly can. The game is fantastic. Remember old laddies and dogs are worth more points than normal indivuduals.

Dan_D said:
You certainly can. The game is fantastic. Remember old laddies and dogs are worth more points than normal indivuduals.
I especially enjoyed when you get the "Big Pedestrian" powerup...those old ladies and dogs can kick your ass, haha.

One of the best things in the game is when you hit dogs, the head will go sliding up the hood and windshield. Plus you also get the whimpering dog noises to go with the squishing sounds.

The Repulsificinator. That was it. Dirty great springs would issue forth from your car and fling enemies and pedestrians off into the wild blue yonder.

Good times...good times.

Carmageddon was amazing. Never played the third one (whatever it was called), but the first two have their place in my heart.

ghostchamber said:
Carmageddon was amazing. Never played the third one (whatever it was called), but the first two have their place in my heart.

I only played the demo of the third one. It was fun, but I think I liked the second one the best. The first was the orignal of course, but the second was vastly improved.

Carmageddon and Rock N Roll racing were some of my favorite games. I have often had dreams of them having some updated sequels or a an inspired by type of game come out.

i remember it, I had a pic of it and dreaming that one day I would be playing it :D

Carmageddon 1 was amazing, 2 lost a little for me, the car felt a bit odd. I have 3 as well but that got boring quick.

No car game has come clost to the level Carmageddon 1 is at.

God knows how many hundred hours I racked up on the one-level demo with the timer turned off :D.

Out of interest, can anyone remember a game before TDR2000 with ragdoll physics? It was the first time I ever saw it, and predates Hitman by a couple of months.

Heh... just thought of something funny...

CUNNING STUNT!

Vulgar spoonerisms FTW :D.

Carmageddon games were best when played at LANs multiplayer.

Carmageddon TDR2K. I bough the game and expansion off of ebay. We play it at all LANs, but the game is so unstable you can only get about 3 or four rounds in before the server will crash when playing with more than 8 people. It supports up to 16.

16 cars playing carmageddon in the same basement is the prolly the best LAN gaming I've ever done. It just shortlived because a few races in the whole thing dies.

hot rod + solid granite equals sending other cars into low orbit ;)

ahh the funness of Carmaggedon.

I REALLY hated the monster truck but the Semi-rig owned hard!!

Anyone know how to get it to run under xp in full potential? it runs in software mode only which sucks, i found glidos that runs it great but you have to pay for it in order for the logo across the screen to be removed :mad: .

I'm pretty sure a new one is in the works, I remember reading that somewhere on the web.

i only played the original. and damn was it good.
it seems that some contemporary games like flat out and full auto try to give that feeling, but its not the same.

LuminaryJanitor said:
God knows how many hundred hours I racked up on the one-level demo with the timer turned off :D.

Out of interest, can anyone remember a game before TDR2000 with ragdoll physics? It was the first time I ever saw it, and predates Hitman by a couple of months.

Heh... just thought of something funny...

CUNNING STUNT!

Vulgar spoonerisms FTW :D.

you mean, spulger voonerisms. ;)

I played the hell out of the first 2 demos, unfortunately never got around to buying the full games.
good times :cool:

definetively Carmageddon was a great game

heard of it way back, i never actually played it. does that make me noob lol

the gamer said:
I wonder if they will make Carmageddon 4 on the Xbox360 or PS3 (or even both).

I doubt it. There hasn't been a Carmageddon game released in a long time and Carmageddon TDR2000 didn't do that well sales wise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmageddon

Plus a publisher would have to be willing to take the heat from all the political fanatics and lunatics who think games kill people.

A new carmageddeon would be a great way to get these new-fangled PPU (physics processing unit) cards off the ground.

Imagine a new Carmageddon utilizing the power of a PPU and today's graphics technology :eek:

PKFGimpy said:
A new carmageddeon would be a great way to get these new-fangled PPU (physics processing unit) cards off the ground.

Imagine a new Carmageddon utilizing the power of a PPU and today's graphics technology :eek:

That would kick ass. With all the controversy a new Carmageddon game would start in the media, the game would have all the publicity a game could need and then some. Once gamers realized they could improve things with a PPU, it would be an instant hit.

I loved carmageddon! I used to play it on my dad's Mac when I was a kid. I still have nightmares about those damn cop cars... and killing cows of course.

No joke! yet no proof!
i read in a magazine that there is going to be an up and coming version of carmagedon... however, i am well to lazy to find the source to this... but i dont lie! if i were to say they were going to make a new dungeon keeper then i would be lying!

BTW!- carmagedon one was the best! on my 200mhz pc!!! yeah baby!

( i remember the artical had somthing to do with old licensesess being remade and what not...)

if you dont belive me JUST WATCH THIS SPACE! ( well not that bit of space.. i mean time.. gawd!!)

imo:
carmageddon 1 - great game, very fun for its time
carmageddon tdr2000 - not good at all, bored after 15 minutes
carpocalypse - one of the best games of all time. easily one of my favorite 3 pc games. played it more than interstate 76!

Back